blowby smoke out my vent

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
Are you sure it is the wear pad for the injector hold down? It kinda looks like a rivet and that would explain the loose injector too.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

RENODMAX

Dead Wrong
Mar 4, 2008
Is this new or did you just take the cap off messing around and see that it does that? I get a little bit off mine, it's just the nature of the engine since lb7s don't have a pcv system. If you're really worried you could take the crankcase breather hose off of the alternator bracket (down by the fuel port under the alt), hold your finger over it and take the oil fill cap off. Then flip the oil cap upside down and set it on your oil fill pipe, if you have enough crankcase pressure to blow the oil fill cap off the pipe then you've probably got a problem. If the cap doesn't move then I wouldn't be to worried about it. This is just my opinion though :thumb:

Sint frum tha orijinul smert fone

LB7s do have PCV systems...

jraymer

<--Tree Hugger
Oct 31, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
pulled it apart today and found the culprit,a loose #6 injector...SOB. also found a rivet just sitting in the head along side one of the pushrods,i have no clue how that got in there i dont even have a single rivet in my garage???? anyway its allset now:woott::thumb:

I was just going to post that I have seen this happen when a hold down broke and the injector was no longer seated, :).