blowby smoke out my vent

JRODS*LB7

Feb 1, 2012
SE Massachusetts
Ok im getting excessive blowby out of my vent ,no fuel in my oil,my upper coolant hose isnt rock hard,But my #6 injector balance is reading 8.03 and #7 -2.35 this basically happened over night truck was running fine yester until i started it this morning and heard my injector knocking what im trying to fig out is why i got blowby could it be oring on #6 injector and would tht through the balance off?:mad:

JRODS*LB7

Feb 1, 2012
SE Massachusetts
Yea bent rods do have rough idles and white/gray smoke when idling. I would say its a injector problem.
Thats what i fig. like i said truck idles so smooth no smoke out the tailpipe oil pressure 60psi at idle then drops to 40 when warm, almost 80psi cruising,no fuel in the oil yet,and no pressure in the cooling system.So thats y i am wondering if its a oring on the injector or a cup but if its a cup would i get coolant in my oil?

ecc_33

Aug 10, 2006
Amanda, Ohio
usually blow by is caused by crankcase pressure. I would do a compression test to make sure you don't have a hole in a piston. How much blow by are you talking take the oil cap off with it running and see how much is coming out of the cap

JRODS*LB7

Feb 1, 2012
SE Massachusetts
usually blow by is caused by crankcase pressure. I would do a compression test to make sure you don't have a hole in a piston. How much blow by are you talking take the oil cap off with it running and see how much is coming out of the cap

when i take the cap off its not a steady puff its more like a choo choo train light haze smoke not like oil buring smoke crazy amount of smoke kinda a light haze puff puff just enough to be noticeable

Bryce418

Still slow
Oct 5, 2009
Sounds like there might not be anything wrong. Crankcase pressure will fluctuate like that. Anything causing any noteworthy blowby would be pretty noticeable.

02greysixer

Jun 4, 2011
North Central FL
Is this new or did you just take the cap off messing around and see that it does that? I get a little bit off mine, it's just the nature of the engine since lb7s don't have a pcv system. If you're really worried you could take the crankcase breather hose off of the alternator bracket (down by the fuel port under the alt), hold your finger over it and take the oil fill cap off. Then flip the oil cap upside down and set it on your oil fill pipe, if you have enough crankcase pressure to blow the oil fill cap off the pipe then you've probably got a problem. If the cap doesn't move then I wouldn't be to worried about it. This is just my opinion though :thumb:

Sint frum tha orijinul smert fone

JRODS*LB7

Feb 1, 2012
SE Massachusetts
Is this new or did you just take the cap off messing around and see that it does that? I get a little bit off mine, it's just the nature of the engine since lb7s don't have a pcv system. If you're really worried you could take the crankcase breather hose off of the alternator bracket (down by the fuel port under the alt), hold your finger over it and take the oil fill cap off. Then flip the oil cap upside down and set it on your oil fill pipe, if you have enough crankcase pressure to blow the oil fill cap off the pipe then you've probably got a problem. If the cap doesn't move then I wouldn't be to worried about it. This is just my opinion though :thumb:

Sint frum tha orijinul smert fone
yeah this just happened as far as the noticeable haze coming from the vent tube and the injector knock theres deffinately not nearly enough pressure to blow the cap off when i turn injector 6 off the knock goes away but still haze's from the vent tube!Correct me if im wrong guys but if it wer a bent rod,hole in piston,bad rings wouldnt the truck idle kinda rough?:confused: Oh and by the way im not buring any oil either.

JRODS*LB7

Feb 1, 2012
SE Massachusetts
pulled it apart today and found the culprit,a loose #6 injector...SOB. also found a rivet just sitting in the head along side one of the pushrods,i have no clue how that got in there i dont even have a single rivet in my garage???? anyway its allset now:woott::thumb: