Billet S468

Brayden

Jan 16, 2008
www.fleeceperformance.com
If the Borg FMW made more power we would run it. Our dyno isn't something that we race other dyno's with, but we do use it to compare turbos back to back with as close to the same conditions as possible.

If Jose is telling you he's selling our wheels or that we are causing a shortage you are getting jose`d ;-) nobody else has our compressor wheels.

I'll build a few turbos up and map them.. But 99 percent of the people that look at them think they need them and don't. We don't race compressor maps on forums just like we don't race dyno's.

carpenca

Dec 17, 2010
But that's where the turbo's ability to work efficiently in a broader rpm range comes into the equation too right Caleb? Part of the debate is about the meaning of performance to us. Since the general consensus is that performance is not just defined by dyno numbers but instead by the overall ability of the truck to do work (ie move itself through 1320ft at X speed), the peak data values become just as important as the values at say, 2000 rpm and 5 psi of boost.

Power across the curve is absolutely more important than just a peak number. We will always willingly give up a few HP for a broader, more useable, and accessable, power curve. That is another great example as to why a dyno can be a useful tool. If all test parameters are the same, then we can look at output vs RPM. Sampling at any RPM we can click on.

Like Brayden has mentioned, we don't race maps or dynos. What Borg says we should be running isn't always right, or could just be better. Street manners for instance, are not measured on a compressor map. And even tho something shows a gain or loss at an RPM on the dyno, it doesn't always mean its noticed on the street. Point is, we wouldn't put the time and effort into making something better, if we didn't feel it could be better. :thumb:

Caleb

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
Power across the curve is absolutely more important than just a peak number. We will always willingly give up a few HP for a broader, more useable, and accessable, power curve. That is another great example as to why a dyno can be a useful tool. If all test parameters are the same, then we can look at output vs RPM. Sampling at any RPM we can click on.

Like Brayden has mentioned, we don't race maps or dynos. What Borg says we should be running isn't always right, or could just be better. Street manners for instance, are not measured on a compressor map. And even tho something shows a gain or loss at an RPM on the dyno, it doesn't always mean its noticed on the street. Point is, we wouldn't put the time and effort into making something better, if we didn't feel it could be better. :thumb:

Caleb

Absolutely; machining wheels is not a cheap endeavour either. You guys definitely have a lot of knowledge and resources available to do it, that is certain. Keep it up:thumb:

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
Well the new little guy showed up today, gotta ship it up to Vegas to get put on among some other stuff, excited to see how it runs.

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
Well I am sorry to disappoint, but the turbo I ordered was not what I received. Apparently there was a mix up from what I had quoted at an earlier time and that turbo was built and shipped and my little 68 billet was cancelled. :mad: Kinda pissed, but got a bigger turbo than I thought, but still a downside from my 80. I wanted to go 10's on a 68 but guess that will be at another date.

Box was labeled Cast 72/87/.90 No biggie, ill push this guy and it will be A LOT more streetable. :thumb:

minerigger

Dec 24, 2013
Casper, WY
Bummer man. Was really looking forward to some more info on this. Sounds like you still got a good deal though Brian

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

brokesmoke

Pick a lane...
Dec 13, 2012
Charleston, SC
Bumping this back up-
Anybody have any good videos of the Borg S467.7?

I'm on the books for a 67.7/.83/.90 and wanted to know if anyone had any other feedback. Is it worth going ahead and changing the exhaust side to a .87 if I'm not running nitrous?