Billet S468

redws6rocket

Apr 22, 2007
Odessa, MO
Will do thanks !

Already have a lot of pressure. I have 200's in it but switching them out going back to 100's

I did, but from my experience 83mm turbines aren't a fan of nitrous, and I'm never giving that stuff up :D
I have 100s's and looking to go bigger, if you wanted to do some trading?

blue09dmaxx

Too broke for this shit
Jan 15, 2012
The south
I have the new Fleece S472 and it drives on the steet very well. Pulled the TT couple weeks ago. I know you don't tow, just throwing that out there. With the same tuning as I had with my Danville vgt 72 I went from 11.84 to a 11.31 with full weight, half tank of fuel and both kids car seats! 10psi boost launch. I'd say this turbo has a lot more in it than Im pushing it and I'm a crewcab.

How heavy is tt

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Sometimes I think we're the only people on here that realize MPH tell the truth not dyno's or ET's. I can't wait to see how this thing does on your truck!

This is just my opinion, but who cares? I couldn't care less about how much horsepower anything I own is putting out. The way I see it, people want horsepower for 1 of 2 reasons. They either want it to run good, or they want to brag. If it's the former, you really won't care how much power you have as long as it runs the times you want. If it's the latter, you need to make it put up the numbers on a dyno, or you're just BSing.

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
I agree josh, I've never really been into dynos, I've been on a lot but don't take pride in believing they are 100% correct without going to the track. If I did the math, my trap vs weight shows I fall short of 1k Hp by about 100 horse.

carpenca

Dec 17, 2010
Understood, was just going off what I was told by F.I, Guess their information was incorrect :confused:

Unfortunately I wont be going to TS like I planned, too expensive for flights and the GF has a huge horse barrel race next weekend in Vegas.

With that being said, I guess we will see how a box stock F.I billet 68/87/.90 compares to fleeces on the track, I don't care about dyno numbers because the vast differences. We shall see, Im excited to try it. MPH doesn't lie.

I know you were only relaying what you were told. I shouldn't have to put stuff up like that, but I guess it should be taken as a compliment.

As far as a comparison, are you going to run a Fleece turbo on the same day with the same track conditions in order to do a fair assessment?

Regardless of MPH and track time, which somehow, every HP calculator on the internet that spits out HP based of MPH comes up with a different number which doesn't make any sense to me... A dyno is just a tool. If anyone started selling parts and rating product based on a percent of gain over X, do you think it would be just an effective marketing tool? No dyno is the gospel as far as power output. Whether its a chassis dyno or a engine dyno. However with set conditions and a controlled climate, it can give you real-time data for comparison. Like an 8% gain over a cast 67.7 borg wheel vs a 68 Billet FPE wheel. What is 8% more power good for at the track? .5 .4 .3 .2? What about MPH? 2 3 4 5 MPH?

I don't know some of these answers, really just thinking out loud. All I care is that Fleece turbos perform as they are advertised. Regardless of who installs and tunes it.

Caleb

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
Well said! No, I won't be running both chargers, can't swing the added cost for the fleece unit compared to the billet F.I. Turbo, but wish I could. The closest setup to mine that I know of would be Matt's LLY, and he went 11.40 IIRC with the 68, so that's my goal. His truck is a bit heavier than mine so that will only help me, but I also may add weight to make it the same, but still not a true back to back comparison, just gunna run with what I can do.

Dyno numbers aside, I would like to see a back to back comparison of the billet 68 vs cast 67.7 on the track, if it hasn't been done already.

gmduramax

Shits broke
Jun 12, 2008
Nor cal
I know you were only relaying what you were told. I shouldn't have to put stuff up like that, but I guess it should be taken as a compliment.

As far as a comparison, are you going to run a Fleece turbo on the same day with the same track conditions in order to do a fair assessment?

Regardless of MPH and track time, which somehow, every HP calculator on the internet that spits out HP based of MPH comes up with a different number which doesn't make any sense to me... A dyno is just a tool. If anyone started selling parts and rating product based on a percent of gain over X, do you think it would be just an effective marketing tool? No dyno is the gospel as far as power output. Whether its a chassis dyno or a engine dyno. However with set conditions and a controlled climate, it can give you real-time data for comparison. Like an 8% gain over a cast 67.7 borg wheel vs a 68 Billet FPE wheel. What is 8% more power good for at the track? .5 .4 .3 .2? What about MPH? 2 3 4 5 MPH?

I don't know some of these answers, really just thinking out loud. All I care is that Fleece turbos perform as they are advertised. Regardless of who installs and tunes it.

Caleb

So what DA do you do all your testing at?

carpenca

Dec 17, 2010
Well said! No, I won't be running both chargers, can't swing the added cost for the fleece unit compared to the billet F.I. Turbo, but wish I could. The closest setup to mine that I know of would be Matt's LLY, and he went 11.40 IIRC with the 68, so that's my goal. His truck is a bit heavier than mine so that will only help me, but I also may add weight to make it the same, but still not a true back to back comparison, just gunna run with what I can do.

Dyno numbers aside, I would like to see a back to back comparison of the billet 68 vs cast 67.7 on the track, if it hasn't been done already.

At most all that would be is a general comparison. And truthfully, even a back to back comparison would still be a general comparison. There are just to many variables involved to truly have a definitive fair comparison. IE: Traction, Human Input, Trans loss/shifting irregularity. Maybe it wouldn't be that far off. I don't know.

I do know on any dyno... I could take a truck, with Turbo A and make a number with a controlled climate, humidity, gear ratio, load profile, tuning, etc. Then just after shut down swap turbo B and repeat the same scenario within minutes. For accurate repeatable results, that is the most Scientific way of measuring gains or losses. The only change is whether its Turbo A or Turbo B. But logging metrics is critical as well. Knowing how boost & temperatures are affected with A vs B are just as important.

Take this for an example: If Turbo A makes X horsepower with 1500uS and 20 degrees of timing, while peaking at 1400* EGT and 50 PSI of boost, and turbo B only peaks 1200* EGT and 45 PSI of boost yet still achieves X horsepower what does that tell us? Did we gain? Even if our Horsepower is identical (X) from A to B, its safe to assume we are working much closer to peak potential with turbo A than turbo B with a 1500uS shot and 20 degrees of timing right? In theory, we could then keep adding fuel to turbo B until we hit 1400 degrees and 50 PSI. At that point we would see the gain in horsepower from turbo A to turbo B. That's the sort of data that can not be quickly gathered and digested on a track. But the sort of thing that doesn't matter when it comes to bragging rights! :D:rofl:

Caleb

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
But that's where the turbo's ability to work efficiently in a broader rpm range comes into the equation too right Caleb? Part of the debate is about the meaning of performance to us. Since the general consensus is that performance is not just defined by dyno numbers but instead by the overall ability of the truck to do work (ie move itself through 1320ft at X speed), the peak data values become just as important as the values at say, 2000 rpm and 5 psi of boost.

gmduramax

Shits broke
Jun 12, 2008
Nor cal
At most all that would be is a general comparison. And truthfully, even a back to back comparison would still be a general comparison. There are just to many variables involved to truly have a definitive fair comparison. IE: Traction, Human Input, Trans loss/shifting irregularity. Maybe it wouldn't be that far off. I don't know.

I do know on any dyno... I could take a truck, with Turbo A and make a number with a controlled climate, humidity, gear ratio, load profile, tuning, etc. Then just after shut down swap turbo B and repeat the same scenario within minutes. For accurate repeatable results, that is the most Scientific way of measuring gains or losses. The only change is whether its Turbo A or Turbo B. But logging metrics is critical as well. Knowing how boost & temperatures are affected with A vs B are just as important.

Take this for an example: If Turbo A makes X horsepower with 1500uS and 20 degrees of timing, while peaking at 1400* EGT and 50 PSI of boost, and turbo B only peaks 1200* EGT and 45 PSI of boost yet still achieves X horsepower what does that tell us? Did we gain? Even if our Horsepower is identical (X) from A to B, its safe to assume we are working much closer to peak potential with turbo A than turbo B with a 1500uS shot and 20 degrees of timing right? In theory, we could then keep adding fuel to turbo B until we hit 1400 degrees and 50 PSI. At that point we would see the gain in horsepower from turbo A to turbo B. That's the sort of data that can not be quickly gathered and digested on a track. But the sort of thing that doesn't matter when it comes to bragging rights! :D:rofl:

Caleb

No that's only showing the gain from fueling it harder. If turbo A makes the same amount of power as turbo B with the same amount of fuel you haven't gained.