Biggger Motor Build Begins

mackthehack

DUH...
Apr 16, 2007
This will be my thirrrd motor going in my 04 Dmax and if it doesn't hold it will be the last:rofl:

Im stepping it up quite a bit from the last set up so we shall see what she does. Just now starting to order parts and going to try to have it together by Oct 5th.

Ill post pics as we do the build. Looking at fabbing up a 4" IC pipe to a 4" Y bridge to some custom made intake runners. Bigger cam, forged pistons, billet main caps, girdle, bigger nozzles then before too.

Its our trans Mike Meyer built here and never had a issue with it, our tuning that Mike Meyer does and Steve Scmitzer sometimes helps not because Mike cant do it but because I like Steve and hes a good tuner too. 2 smart minds are better then one. Our twin kit with custom tigged aluminum piping and custom made intercooler, turbos are billet s475 and s510 with billet 104mm wheel.

The truck is a full metel body, leaf spring, X cab and with leather seats power mirrors went 10.50@138 im looking to smash my old best with my new goodies and the loss of weight. Im not gonna lie it was scary going through the traps at 138 with no cage.. its getting a cage now.

Stay tuned! :thumb:

:thumb:

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
It killed my spirit when it went boom! The heads cracked and the motor hydro locked under full power. Bent 4 rods, destroyed 3 pistons, crank was ruined, block destroyed.....

Ill give her one more shot. Should be good this time.

Fingers crossed for you... I would have gave up. Sounds like a really solid build.

Did you get your hands on some Brodix heads?

1slowmax

The break is over
May 9, 2012
Sin City, NV
Fingers crossed for you... I would have gave up. Sounds like a really solid build.

Did you get your hands on some Brodix heads?

Nooo not at this time. Guy at Socal can reuse all my guts from my old heads and install them in a new fresh set of ported heads and it will only cost me about $1800 so im going that route for now.

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
It killed my spirit when it went boom! The heads cracked and the motor hydro locked under full power. Bent 4 rods, destroyed 3 pistons, crank was ruined, block destroyed.....

Ill give her one more shot. Should be good this time.

Best of luck!

Perhaps reduce cyl press and you might not crack a head? I know spirit killers lol

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
I'm glad I don't have friends with GTR's, my truck would be broke too:joker:

Since I finally saw someone say it, GPS box and smart phone apps is how I figure how fast my truck is, for now. I know it's not totally accurate,but it gives me a good idea of where I'm at, then I take the info I gather from that and use the hp calculator on the forum here, that's how I have figured I have the hp I do...:D

Good luck with the new build Newly, I've always liked that truck:thumb:

1slowmax

The break is over
May 9, 2012
Sin City, NV
Sounds like you guys probably have it figured out. I will definitely keep drooling over it though...

I'm glad I don't have friends with GTR's, my truck would be broke too:joker:

Since I finally saw someone say it, GPS box and smart phone apps is how I figure how fast my truck is, for now. I know it's not totally accurate,but it gives me a good idea of where I'm at, then I take the info I gather from that and use the hp calculator on the forum here, that's how I have figured I have the hp I do...:D

Good luck with the new build Newly, I've always liked that truck:thumb:

Thanks guys! I should be getting parts in the mail next week:D