Biggger Motor Build Begins

1slowmax

The break is over
May 9, 2012
Sin City, NV
This will be my thirrrd motor going in my 04 Dmax and if it doesn't hold it will be the last:rofl:

Im stepping it up quite a bit from the last set up so we shall see what she does. Just now starting to order parts and going to try to have it together by Oct 5th.

Ill post pics as we do the build. Looking at fabbing up a 4" IC pipe to a 4" Y bridge to some custom made intake runners. Bigger cam, forged pistons, billet main caps, girdle, bigger nozzles then before too.

Its our trans Mike Meyer built here and never had a issue with it, our tuning that Mike Meyer does and Steve Scmitzer sometimes helps not because Mike cant do it but because I like Steve and hes a good tuner too. 2 smart minds are better then one. Our twin kit with custom tigged aluminum piping and custom made intercooler, turbos are billet s475 and s510 with billet 104mm wheel.

The truck is a full metel body, leaf spring, X cab and with leather seats power mirrors went 10.50@138 im looking to smash my old best with my new goodies and the loss of weight. Im not gonna lie it was scary going through the traps at 138 with no cage.. its getting a cage now.

Stay tuned! :thumb:

Last edited:

1slowmax

The break is over
May 9, 2012
Sin City, NV
Sharp lookin' :thumb: Sounds like fun or another giant headache:D

It killed my spirit when it went boom! The heads cracked and the motor hydro locked under full power. Bent 4 rods, destroyed 3 pistons, crank was ruined, block destroyed.....

Ill give her one more shot. Should be good this time.

DBUSHLB7

Team DMAX
Mar 9, 2012
Albuquerque, NM
Can't wait to see it done. I know you... You will have the best and you will give it your best. I will be drooling over the pics so keep em comin!

1slowmax

The break is over
May 9, 2012
Sin City, NV
Newly,

Not gonna make "Truckin for kids" again this year? It's on oct 6th....

Dan we will try to hit the dyno in AZ Oct 5th then load up and go to truckin for kids Oct 6th :thumb:

I had fun at that event and love being around the PPE guys. Always a good time.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Awesome to see newly! Sorry to say I won't see ya there at the dyno. Ill be at the Prescott rally get my rally on in my zuk lol