Info: Beware of 1slomax!

HOLOWPNT

Jun 25, 2013
Hello everyone, my name is Zach and I am new to the forum, and also to the diesel world. I've been looking for a truck for quite some time and thought I may have possibly found a potential truck... Boy oh boy was I wrong... I just thought I'd give everyone a warning so they dont make the mistake I almost did. Lets start from the beginning...

I've been wanting a duramax for quite some time now, but recently a few of my good friends have gotten one and I fell in love. So my search began. I will admit, I am a noob to the diesel world so I have been having a friend of mine help me out to make sure I dont get screwed, boy am I glad I have him helping me...

We found a truck on dieselsellerz.com that seemed like it might be worth some interest. From the outside it seemed good, "fresh gm engine", built tranny, efi live, wheels, etc etc. But upon further investigation this was surely not the case. This "brand new engine" from GM supposedly only had 2K miles, was studded with LBZ studs, and had new injectors from Bosch. Also, this "new engine" came with a 12k mile/one year warranty... According to 1SLOMAX the previous engine needed replacing due to it jumping timing and a valve hitting the piston. I know this can happen but again, I am a diesel noob so I asked my buddy whos been helping me and said something just didn't sound right. I asked how it "jumped timing" and the response was "I think the cam gear slipped or something but not sure" So, upon further investigation this was also another lie. The motor was replaced because it lost oil pressure driving down the road and spun a bearing. This "new gm engine" turned out to be a motor he bought out of a state truck, whatever that means. After reading these posts I was immediately turned away from considering purchasing the truck, but continued to dig deeper. Apparently the tranny slips and/or shifts hard between 2nd and 3rd, he previously bent a rod in the engine, and has another beware thread about purchasing parts from him. This guy just sounds like a basketcase that rips on his truck wherever he goes. Below I will post pictures of the conversation to prove I'm not making this up and I will paste the links to the proof of this. Again, I know I'm new here and don't want to come off as a basher as this is my second post because I promise I am not, but I do not appreciate being lied to, but I just thought I would inform everyone about this so they don't get stuck with a lemon truck. Most of these threads were made last year so that goes to show the mileage on motor/tranny are also lies... unless he literally didnt drive the truck at all.

Link to the for sale ad:
http://www.dieselsellerz.com/trucks/1914

Link to for sale ad on here stating motor is a state truck motor:
http://www.duramaxdiesels.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43897

Link to thread about bent rod:
http://www.duramaxdiesels.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41576

Link to thread about tranny:
http://www.duramaxdiesels.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40209

Pics of our conversation:

I stopped responding because it was a waste of my time after finding our the truth. Again, I am generally a very easy going guy who doesn't call people out like this but when it comes to potentially that much money and being lied to, its a different story. Again, BUYERS BEWARE!!!

TLyons90

Apr 22, 2013
Greenville, SC
Haha yea signed up to see what threads he posted on here since the ones on dmax forums weren't too positive. Might start hanging out here too even though I keep seeing a lot of the same names from DF. Lol

Well not to hijack the point in this thread but this place is wayyy better then DF oral coalin fags, you will like it much better or atleast I did and I think a good bit of people slowly but surly make the switch :happy2:

e46_330i

Jun 26, 2013
Youngsville, NC
Well not to hijack the point in this thread but this place is wayyy better then DF oral coalin fags, you will like it much better or atleast I did and I think a good bit of people slowly but surly make the switch :happy2:

Good to know. Tired of ripping shorthorn fag boys new ones on the daily. Haha looks like I'll fit in just fine here!

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
Haha yea signed up to see what threads he posted on here since the ones on dmax forums weren't too positive. Might start hanging out here too even though I keep seeing a lot of the same names from DF. Lol
This is nothing like DF!

Glad you didnt get the truck and yeah that guy is a P.O.S. Good luck on a search for a good truck and thanks for coming on here and letting us know about the scamer.What i find funny is the guys that are friends with that guy,some are regulars on here and i wouldnt think them to be associated with a guy like that.Oh well,good luck.

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
Boy, newly needs to change his screenname! I was thinking "crap, IDK newly was a scummer." Then I clicked the for sale ads listed in the OP and see the twirp's name is only different by leaving off the "w" in the "slow" part of "1slowmax". I'd seriously be changing mine if I were newly. :thumb: Wouldn't want to be mistaken for that asshat!

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Boy, newly needs to change his screenname! I was thinking "crap, IDK newly was a scummer." Then I clicked the for sale ads listed in the OP and see the twirp's name is only different by leaving off the "w" in the "slow" part of "1slowmax". I'd seriously be changing mine if I were newly. :thumb: Wouldn't want to be mistaken for that asshat!

lol your not the only one who thought that. i did too!

DBUSHLB7

Team DMAX
Mar 9, 2012
Albuquerque, NM
I think Newly needs to bring back the Chinese kid avatar pic..."WING WING....HERRRO?"
:roflmao:

My wife and I answer the phone like that now when we call eachother lol

1slomax

Dec 6, 2011
Harrisonburg VA
Alright first of all it doesn't have lbz studs not sure why I said it has arp, it does have a brand new engine , this is it's 3rd engine the first one broke a crank and I bought a engine out of a state truck then that engine not 100% sure what happens but the vavles hit a few of the pistons had some bent push rods and cracked a piston figured it jumped time and someone told me the cam gear prolly slipped , the trans is fine it was just redone , not sure where you got all this bullshit from but I'm tried of everyone always talking shit, the injectors deal was just a bad deal that I fixed , sorry you all don't like me and you all think I'm a pos that lies but it's cool

1slomax

Dec 6, 2011
Harrisonburg VA
I posted the truck on dieselsellerz along time ago I kinda forgot that it was still on there honestly havnt even been trying to sell it for awhile