Best converter option

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
I've seen that! Looks killer. Too bad , as you've already stated, Smeding isn't known for their quality. Even though, if I remember correctly they were or are still currently a sponsor for NHDRA ? Maybe your guy at JZ Manufacturing is interested in making them? I was hoping Mark or Ryan's Diesel would start making them. Appreciate the info, now I'll stop high jacking the Op's thread!
Sadly it'll take a massive investment for someone else to make them as it's a custom casting from overseas. From what I've seen the Smeding wheels are the same profile as genuine Borg SXEs so god forbid you have an issue you could easily swap the CHRA and be back up and running.

Mark doesn't build turbos anymore now that Danville is out of business. JZ Mfg (used to be called PMT) did all the machine work/assembly and helped on R&D during the time Danville produced/sold turbos as PMT was owned by the same individually who owned Danville. Mark, incase you did not know, was not an owner of Danville Tire & Auto or Danville Performance.

Ironworker15

Mar 28, 2023
Massachusetts
Sadly it'll take a massive investment for someone else to make them as it's a custom casting from overseas. From what I've seen the Smeding wheels are the same profile as genuine Borg SXEs so god forbid you have an issue you could easily swap the CHRA and be back up and running.

Mark doesn't build turbos anymore now that Danville is out of business. JZ Mfg (used to be called PMT) did all the machine work/assembly and helped on R&D during the time Danville produced/sold turbos as PMT was owned by the same individually who owned Danville. Mark, incase you did not know, was not an owner of Danville Tire & Auto or Danville Performance.
Yes , I knew that already as you had told me previously about JZ Manufacturing which is why I mentioned them. I did know as well he wasn't the owner, but is one of the guys who has taken these trucks to the next level as far as I have seen and made some great turbos in the past. Only reason I mentioned it. Hard to make an investment in anything these days with the way the world is, especially Diesel truck performance. It's getting harder and harder to find legit tuners it seems because of what is happening in Washington. Seems like a perfect time to learn to do it myself maybe. Good talk man, always appreciate your feedback.

Reactions: Bdsankey