LBZ: Best bet for Upgraded cp3??

Devon

broke my curse
May 2, 2010
Hinsdale ma
Ok I am going to buy a new cp3, due to my stocker obviously not holding the best rail anymore.what Is my best cheapest option for a cp3 that will flow better and to use with stock injectors for now, and price wise??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Devon

broke my curse
May 2, 2010
Hinsdale ma
Would I be able to run the stock injectors fine on a 42% pump with a little tweaking in efilive?

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
For the prices on the pumps some will stay with a stock lbz pump or step up to a 150% over pump since your already put the money out for the 42%

DIESELMAFIAPER.LB7

<----new hotness
Jan 17, 2010
idaho
shop.dieselmafiaperformance.com
Ya stock injectors will work fine just have to tune for the reg more then anything but you can just go huge but 42% will support good power I bet up to 650-700 easy maybe more I haven't tried pushing mine yet so gotta wait for a spare motor before o window this one

Devon

broke my curse
May 2, 2010
Hinsdale ma
What about a stock lbz pump with a modded regulator, anyone do that? Is there a benefit with a modded reg with a stock pump

Devon

broke my curse
May 2, 2010
Hinsdale ma
Yes, injector is replaced, all balance rates are between 0.0-2.0 max, still get the p0087 code though... This is killing me

Devon

broke my curse
May 2, 2010
Hinsdale ma
Yes, was sent a tune to sort of compensate for the low rail pressure, he adjusted a few different tables and lowered the desired rp, this was still with the bad injector, ended up running almost 4 mph slower with the new tune, and the code actually came up quicker, like 8th mile mark at the track.so I replaced the bad injector and went back to the original tune I got from him.still p0087

Devon

broke my curse
May 2, 2010
Hinsdale ma
I wanted to make sure it was only the big tune, so I did a WOT run on my 125hp tow tune and I held 26700 rail through every gear, it actually went higher, to say 27000 as I went through the higher gears.. So now I'm thinking it may just be the way the race tune is built??

Drholliday

May 28, 2008
Gresham, OR
I wanted to make sure it was only the big tune, so I did a WOT run on my 125hp tow tune and I held 26700 rail through every gear, it actually went higher, to say 27000 as I went through the higher gears.. So now I'm thinking it may just be the way the race tune is built??

A cp3 can only provide so much fuel. If it held rail just fine on the lower tune then you know it can provide that much fuel just fine. The race tune is trying to spray in a TON more fuel then a 125 tune and your CP3 just can't do it.

I started having low pressure problems with my truck to the point where on a 2400us pulse tune I was draining my rail to 17k on a 26k desired. I just put twin CP3's on it, works great now. I will have to replace my stock pump once I start running more fuel yet as it is getting worn out and just can't provide the same amount of fuel.

Devon

broke my curse
May 2, 2010
Hinsdale ma
I have not,I thought that test was only necessary for the fprv,even the plug can leak fuel,right now I have my airdog 165 cranked up to 13.5 psi, and the race tune is between 22-23,000 psi, my 500hp hot street holds around 24-25k