Best ar for the money

aggar

Still Learnin!
Mar 9, 2008
Kirklin, IN
I've got the .458 from rock river. Shot my first deer with it. Double lung destroying both. Expensive to shoot but fun. Also it can go on any 5.56-.223 lower and use the 5.56 mag. No special mag required. Standard 10 round holds 4 or 5 rounds.

Last edited:

Osubeaver

Professional Grade
Aug 30, 2008
Oregon
It's pretty hard to find a bad AR on the market now. As long as everything fits together it will shoot just fine. There are things like barrels that some are better than others, but people get all caught up in crap like parkerizing under the front sight, MPI testing (what other gun do people stress about that....none) etc.

Edited to say: good luck finding an AR for sale right now at any reasonable price LMAO!

Cougar281

Sep 11, 2006
St Louis, MO
Larger calibers might be better in some situations...... but if TSHTF, what caliber us the most likely to to be commonly available?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

jeepman1320

Oct 11, 2011
5.56/.223 and 7.62x51/.308 in my opinion would be the most common cartridges to come by in an AR in that sort of scenario, but I could be wrong.

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
I would even keep a .22 magnum around because they are relatively cheap, very accurate, and when placed in red zones on a target, do their job. There are lots of "bad" ARs out there using inferior alloys, machining practices, and cutting corners on quality control. DPMS, Armalite come to mind. It took several. revisions to even get a prototype to be consistent and stay together after a thousand rounds when s&w was first getting into the market. Coatings and clearances play a huge role in how the weapon acts when fired consistently in a firefight. How the bolt face meshes with the star chamber during a cyclic rate of fire changes with temperature and will jam the weapon if the proper alloy and clearances arent used.....jeez i can ramble on and on about differences in how some ARs are made and why they suck, but it is important to remember that the rounds play a huge role in it too. Be careful if you are depending on old stored away ammo thats been left in a little moisture or maybe you're firing mags that have been loaded and left....the follower springs have been compressed for a long time and are probably weak.

Texas Chevy

Feb 14, 2011
Vista, Ca
Finally bought a bushmaster in 308 back home in Texas and had it coverted it to ca legal. Only problem is the 20 round mags that came with it in Texas I left it there. Now I can't find 10 round mags for it anywhere. Anyone have any clue where I can get some?

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
You guys that have AR's enjoy them,i cant find 1 for sale for a decent price if at all and 2nd i live in ILL The last f$%king state in the union that has no ccw.:mad:

Slammed2007Lbz

Super Spicy Tunaz
Feb 1, 2009
NE Ohio
blksomke there is a million of them on armslist but your going to pay 1,500 for a 750 dollar rifle. But if they ban them your rifle will probably be worth 3 grand

Lbzmax90

Aug 11, 2012
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Finally bought a bushmaster in 308 back home in Texas and had it coverted it to ca legal. Only problem is the 20 round mags that came with it in Texas I left it there. Now I can't find 10 round mags for it anywhere. Anyone have any clue where I can get some?

I got two extra if you still need. Turners had tons of them a week ago.

Slammed2007Lbz

Super Spicy Tunaz
Feb 1, 2009
NE Ohio
I'm looking for a stripped AR15 lower or even an 80% lower if someone wants to part with one without gouging too hard!

Damn i just sold 20 brand new ones... I have one left but im supposed to be trading it for a slidefire stock. If that falls through i will let you now but im only selling them for $250 when most are getting 350-450 out of them right now