Banks as a Site Vendor

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
Not sure where else to put this so I put it here...

What happened to them being on here as a site vendor??? There section sure seemed pretty technical and fitting for the race/competition theme that is desired on here so I'm just curious. Perhaps its personal or none of my business but thought it pretty harmless to ask.

C-ya
Mitch

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
When we started accepting advertising, we tried a pilot program where vendors were given a choice between paying $500/yr for advertising here, or posting a minimum of 2 posts per day average.

Well, the program didn't work as well as I wanted. Only a very few hit 2 posts/day. We returned a handful of the lowest posting shops to normal status, and let the rest know what their posts/day average was.

Banks was just one of several that were returned to normal status. They always have the option of being a sponsor, it will just cost some money instead.

Come January, we will evaluate again, and perhaps prune more. Seemed like a good idea to add content to the board, but it was not effective.

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
Keep in mind, this not a "for profit" board. I'd much rather have the content than the money. I think the readers would enjoy reading about the products the various shops offer.

But if I let those who couldn't keep the agreement up stay on, it's a slap in the face for those shops who do post.

Last edited:

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
Seems fair enough... yeah, ever since they were sidelined with piston issues, they sorta went AWOL on the message boards. Starting to see a little bit more from them now that they are apparently in testing again.

Like I said, I was just wondreing because when they were posting, their technical content was, for the most part, excellent IMO!

C-ya

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
Looks like your good idea of allowing free advertising in return for >2 PPD isn't working too well. Only two of them are above that - MikeL and NWTDIESEL/Underground. :( That seems like a good deal to me that some folks are missing out on. A couple are closer at >1 PPD but many aren't even close at <1 PPD. Kind of a shame because as you said, it seems like a good deal - we get technical content and that get CLIENT interaction. Their loss I suppose. Guess it's just easier for them to pay the $500. On that note, looks like you'll be making a little pocket change from the ever growing list of vendors. ;) Which has it's perks for McRat Racing as well. :D

C-ya and thanks for the explanation. I appreciate the openess and honesty.

bighawg

Proud American Infidel
May 12, 2008
Carnesville, Georgia
I had wondered the same thing when I could not find them on the list. Seems like if you are in the diesel performance business, a couple of posts a day would not be a hard target to hit. Thanks for the honest answer Pat, this site is a lot different from some of the others, that's a good thing.

Skyhigh4by

Goin to Poochisloose
Apr 13, 2008
Powell River, BC
I dont know that it would be worth it for banks to pay to be a vendor here. Lets be honest, until banks has some real race stuff on the market how many members here want a 6-gun w/PDA? It is good to have the posts though there were some good tech posts from them.

Alligator

Nov 9, 2006
N. Idaho
Looks like your good idea of allowing free advertising in return for >2 PPD isn't working too well. Only two of them are above that - MikeL and NWTDIESEL/Underground. :( That seems like a good deal to me that some folks are missing out on. A couple are closer at >1 PPD but many aren't even close at <1 PPD. Kind of a shame because as you said, it seems like a good deal - we get technical content and that get CLIENT interaction. Their loss I suppose. Guess it's just easier for them to pay the $500. On that note, looks like you'll be making a little pocket change from the ever growing list of vendors. ;) Which has it's perks for McRat Racing as well. :D

C-ya and thanks for the explanation. I appreciate the openess and honesty.

You got to remember, that posting quota is from the time joined, I joined a while ago and never posted, I believe I have met that post quota since the vendor status came along.

This is a great site, and I hope it stays that way. Much more content going on here then the other place. This is about the only other site I visit on a regular basis anymore besides the DP.

Kat

Wicked Witch of the West
Aug 2, 2006
Norco, CA
You got to remember, that posting quota is from the time joined, I joined a while ago and never posted, I believe I have met that post quota since the vendor status came along.

You are correct and Pat did not use the site software PPD to figure it out:D He took the vendor sign up date/post count and did the math.