Question: AVNT4094/vs cheetah ?

knagel

weakest link finder
Jun 4, 2007
Central, Iowa
Any idea of the drive pressure when you do that?

I've always strived for the lowest vp to get lower dp

Mine was 2:1 DP no matter where the vains were set practically. I had them opened to 40% by 1800 RPM and it might have been 1.5 to 1.75:1. These are tight exhaust housings so DP will be higher. If you want 1:1 out of a VN you are gonna have a dog. Mine ran best at 2:1

Brayden

Jan 16, 2008
www.fleeceperformance.com
The AVNT4094 uses a different vane design, pin locations are moved.

We use the same turbine and compressor, better bearings, but the vanes are stock LBZ.

We were using modified vanes for a while but I didn't think the gain in top end was worth the sacrifice on the low end.

The 4094AVNT seems laggy to me without throwing a lot of vane angle at it.

Just my opinion.

Dan@PPE

Diesel Enthusiast
Aug 8, 2006
So Cal.
What should the desired boost be? The current setting is 45 but my factory charger only made 22 on this tune. What all tables do i adjust? Today is the first time i really tried to work on a tune i was changing all kinds of stuff to get it to work! I was told over on the Diesel Place forum that the turbo should have spooled to 30 psi no problem on a factory tune. Is this true?

Ben,

Give me a call..
Dan

D-MAX Mafia

Hood down, smoke up!
Nov 4, 2009
Phoenix
Just want to say thanks to Dan @ PPE for helping me with my turbo problem! I'll call you first from now on! Truck is running awesome!

smarquis

Triple Turbo LBZ
Jul 15, 2010
Las Vegas, Nevada.
This was a very dissapointing thread after a very good question was posed. Is there no way to objectively rate turbos? Unfortunately, I had very little time to make the decision. I went with the 68 cheetah, and it is being installs now. I'm hoping for the best.

SteveFord

What's Next?
May 8, 2008
Iowa
This was a very dissapointing thread after a very good question was posed. Is there no way to objectively rate turbos? Unfortunately, I had very little time to make the decision. I went with the 68 cheetah, and it is being installs now. I'm hoping for the best.

Did you get one of the new styles they just came out with?