No Bs just facts.

whats the main diffrences between the two if there the same size includeing
what kind of power can be made.
reliabilty
sound
spool up
Egts

Positives or negatives about ether

Any thing else i missed Please no bashing of ether just looking for real info on both side by side.

Thanks

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
Since you have run both a GT4094 and a Cheetah, I can't understand the purpose for the post. The AVNT 4094 has the same published compressor map as the GT4094, IIRC, and at least 100 trucks have run it with great results. Even the PPE 4088 has pushed a truck into the 11's on fuel-only at LACR, and the 94 is larger.

But since others might be curious, we will keep this thread open until it starts a fight. Which has happened many times in the past.

slowlmm

Mar 2, 2008
so cal
Since you have run both a GT4094 and a Cheetah, I can't understand the purpose for the post. The AVNT 4094 has the same published compressor map as the GT4094, IIRC, and at least 100 trucks have run it with great results. Even the PPE 4088 has pushed a truck into the 11's on fuel-only at LACR, and the 94 is larger.

But since others might be curious, we will keep this thread open until it starts a fight. Which has happened many times in the past.

ummm becuase I havent run the avnt 40-94 before. you think it will run the same as the bb 40-94 ? and can be comapred the same way ? I dont. and last i herd was the cheethas where being upgraded to make thme stronger and what not and make more power so again the reason for the thread. this is a question only about those two turbos only nothing more nothing less. no drama just facts on both :hello:

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
ummm becuase I havent run the avnt 40-94 before. you think it will run the same as the bb 40-94 ? and can be comapred the same way ? I dont. and last i herd was the cheethas where being upgraded to make thme stronger and what not and make more power so again the reason for the thread. this is a question only about those two turbos only nothing more nothing less. no drama just facts on both :hello:

Yes. A compressor is a compressor. The turbine side is the "motor" for it, and must be matched correctly to the compressor demand. Garrett does an excellent job of engineering their turbos, so I'd be surprised if they screwed it up.

You would need to find somebody who has run the same setup, running both chargers, which would be very hard to find. Any other results would be skewed by other mods and other tuning, which will mask anything but huge differences.

It is well-known that you have heated disagreements with Brayden and PPE, which are the two sources for the products you want to compare. Both shops will probably come into this thread at some point. If they fire off shots at you, you should not make any reply since you are claiming to be 100% neutral by starting this thread, and that you aren't starting it to fight them.

If this turns into a fight thread when you are completely aware of the whole history and current situation, the person who started the fight thread will be restricted from future posting, just like any other fight thread. We aren't permitting them any longer, even if they claim innocence yet have a poor history in this regard.

slowlmm

Mar 2, 2008
so cal
Yes. A compressor is a compressor. The turbine side is the "motor" for it, and must be matched correctly to the compressor demand. Garrett does an excellent job of engineering their turbos, so I'd be surprised if they screwed it up.

You would need to find somebody who has run the same setup, running both chargers, which would be very hard to find. Any other results would be skewed by other mods and other tuning, which will mask anything but huge differences.

It is well-known that you have heated disagreements with Brayden and PPE, which are the two sources for the products you want to compare. Both shops will probably come into this thread at some point. If they fire off shots at you, you should not make any reply since you are claiming to be 100% neutral by starting this thread, and that you aren't starting it to fight them.

If this turns into a fight thread when you are completely aware of the whole history and current situation, the person who started the fight thread will be restricted from future posting, just like any other fight thread. We aren't permitting them any longer, even if they claim innocence yet have a poor history in this regard.

HUH i think the only one cause issue so far is you. so a vvt will run the same as a non vvt ok :rolleyes: anyways and the avnt is not a ppe exsclusive turbo so this has nothing to do with them. stop trying to create a issue. I am not the only one who would like to see #s on both turbos and since the avnt37 didint really pan out like it was suposed to. I think ieven more of a reason to see how this new turbo performs side by side. Thanks For all your concerns.

JShe8918

Feb 17, 2009

Wow. I take it you are excluding the thread between newly and Trent huh? kinda unfair in my mind. But OKAY your the boss.:confused:

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
Wow. I take it you are excluding the thread between newly and Trent huh? kinda unfair in my mind. But OKAY your the boss.:confused:

Nope. This thread has nothing to do with Newly and Trent, but has everything to do with SlowLMM starting fight threads out of the blue. The most recent one got so bad it had to be removed, which is very rare at this site.

Yes, I (and the rest of the moderators) are in charge of spending hours talking with those who feel they are being treated unfairly when SlowLMM starts another fight thread, so I do have an interest in it.

Post your phone number, and I'll have all of them call you instead. Thanks.

Pat "The Boss" McSwain

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah

That thread and a few others are why the new rule has taken affect . I doubt even as a moderator i would get any slack if i was to do it agian . And in all fairness the thread was not a Tech thread . I def chose the wrong action and would think twice as nasty as it turned .

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
That thread and a few others are why the new rule has taken affect . I doubt even as a moderator i would get any slack if i was to do it agian . And in all fairness the thread was not a Tech thread . I def chose the wrong action and would think twice as nasty as it turned .

You did nothing wrong Trent. Good hearted "smack talk" threads are great fun, and a staple of racing boards. The problem wasn't with you.

But until folk can learn that you don't throw personal attacks in a smack thread, we have to sit on them.

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
Back on topic :D there is no way to compare these two chargers unless like Pat stated it was done on the same truck, tunning ,hard parts, and all . You cant compare Maps because Cheatahs are not mapped , so any other comparisions are going to be tanted by too many different conditions and opinions . Jmop

Jun 28, 2007
NE Pa
Back on topic :D there is no way to compare these two chargers unless like Pat stated it was done on the same truck, tunning ,hard parts, and all . You cant compare Maps because Cheatahs are not mapped , so any other comparisions are going to be tanted by too many different conditions and opinions . Jmop

X2 so who wants to buy both and try:D Don't look at me....I'm broke

slowlmm

Mar 2, 2008
so cal
Nope. This thread has nothing to do with Newly and Trent, but has everything to do with SlowLMM starting fight threads out of the blue. The most recent one got so bad it had to be removed, which is very rare at this site.

Yes, I (and the rest of the moderators) are in charge of spending hours talking with those who feel they are being treated unfairly when SlowLMM starts another fight thread, so I do have an interest in it.

Post your phone number, and I'll have all of them call you instead. Thanks.

Pat "The Boss" McSwain

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

slowlmm

Mar 2, 2008
so cal

You dont think that the simple questions i asked could be provided for the two turbos? How would some one choose there turbo then ? all that same info is availble for every other turbo out there.

Sound

egts

max Hp

relaibilty

Are theese really that hard of a question ?

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
You dont think that the simple questions i asked could be provided for the two turbos? How would some one choose there turbo then ? all that same info is availble for every other turbo out there.

Sound very opinionated

egts no serious trucks have tested a AVNT 4094 ( publicly anyways)

max Hp see above

relaibilty my guess is the factory charger ( garrett engineered 4094 ) will always outlast the hybrid due to lack on maping the compressor

Are theese really that hard of a question ?

Come on Tommy your not a newby , you know how these things go , i can list 10 different chargers and find 5 that love them and 5 that hated them .

Last edited:

KEVINL

Jul 4, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
If someone wants to donate a 71.5 Cheetah and a 4094VA for me test I wouldn't mind and I will let everbody know the results

Last edited: