Attention Newbies

Status
Not open for further replies.

ToyhaulerTom

Old Tom
Jan 1, 2015
Southern California
Hello everyone,
I'm brand new to all of this on-line stuff, but I've been reading many of your threads as they apply to the problems I'm experiencing with my LBZ. This is a great information source and many of the tips I've picked up have been of great assistance in the diagnosing my troubles.
Not having the savy to go to the right forum to present my "blown head gasket" assumption, I will say thanks to all for the free advise.
Tom

MrZ0608

Nov 7, 2012
I feel really dumb, but how in the world do you create a post of your own? I have searched all around the home page and such. :mad:

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
I feel really dumb, but how in the world do you create a post of your own? I have searched all around the home page and such.

U just did make a post. A thread is probably what u mean. Click home on the top left of the screen if your not there. On the left side of the screen there's a box that says site navigation, in it it says home forum and a few other things really small. Click forum, click the forum that your thread is related to, drag racing for example. When that page pops up at the top left it should say new thread. Click that and the rest will fall into place.

mkammlah

May 10, 2015
lb7 problems

lb7 problems ,high fuel rail pressure code rpl fuel rail sensor cleared problem ,next low fuel rail pressure on demand, rpl regulator, didn't fix . the trk need injectors ( haseing)
replaced injectors . same problem . low fuel return to the tank . rpl pump ,fuel return much better. but same problem . checked for air .found air suction side of filter,rpl housing ,no air .i no longer get code but as i increase rpm to 1600 injectors start cackling, the return line to the tank ( clear hose) shows a bubble just as the injector cackle. new fuel hoses . how can i check the fuel pressure relief value.before i rpl pump i added .60 shims to the relief valve spring. no change . getting discouraged (bosch injectors/ pump) gillespie

Brassfield

Jan 14, 2014
West Plains, MO
lb7 problems ,high fuel rail pressure code rpl fuel rail sensor cleared problem ,next low fuel rail pressure on demand, rpl regulator, didn't fix . the trk need injectors ( haseing)
replaced injectors . same problem . low fuel return to the tank . rpl pump ,fuel return much better. but same problem . checked for air .found air suction side of filter,rpl housing ,no air .i no longer get code but as i increase rpm to 1600 injectors start cackling, the return line to the tank ( clear hose) shows a bubble just as the injector cackle. new fuel hoses . how can i check the fuel pressure relief value.before i rpl pump i added .60 shims to the relief valve spring. no change . getting discouraged (bosch injectors/ pump) gillespie

Try posting in the LB7 thread

Jamie A

Aug 21, 2015
Help needed

I just purchased a 2015 High Country in July, When I get up to 40mph the passenger seat starts vibrating, the faster I go the harder it vibrates. The service dept. at the dealership had the truck for a week, saying the tires are the issue. They have put different brands on and still the issue remains! I'm now being advised they are looking for a different set of tires on another new Duramax that doesnt cause the vibration and will put them on mine??? I'm calling BULL@(%$
I've had a few folks tell me it sounds like something in the drive shaft, or possible the axle???

Any advice??

TROJAN366

Gold Rush
Jan 13, 2012
MASS
I just purchased a 2015 High Country in July, When I get up to 40mph the passenger seat starts vibrating, the faster I go the harder it vibrates. The service dept. at the dealership had the truck for a week, saying the tires are the issue. They have put different brands on and still the issue remains! I'm now being advised they are looking for a different set of tires on another new Duramax that doesnt cause the vibration and will put them on mine??? I'm calling BULL@(%$
I've had a few folks tell me it sounds like something in the drive shaft, or possible the axle???

Any advice??

here is my advice. start a new thread.....

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
here is my advice. start a new thread.....
Seriously, why does everyone post in here.

Also it's under warranty let the dealership figure it out or go to a different dealer.

Just the passenger seat? Sounds like bolts are loose....

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

BowTieBill

Sep 8, 2015
New in north Idaho

I will readily admit it, I know squat about diesels but am retired now and have some play time. I am looking at a 1952 6400 5 window grain truck with hoist. I have looked at all the cummins swaps and what not but I am a diehard Chevy guy and want to go with a Duramax. The truck will not see much work, more of a cool cruising rig. I want to replace the old 2 speed rear end with a D70 or 80.

BILL

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
Start a thread about it. We can definitely get you rolling

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Dews01

Oct 4, 2014
East Tn
Help

Hey guys, Ive been checking out this forum from time to time and it seems like for the most part a good place to kick things around and figure things out. So I have had 4 of these lb7 trucks and love them. I have had different problems and have taken care of them. I have also done a bit of work on several other trucks for folks. Now I have run into a issue thats driving me crazy. I have a 01 that just turned 200k. I bought the truck with bad injectors the previous owner did head gaskets, bolts,radiator, water pump and block heater. (His mechanic told him he needed to replace it all when doing head gaskets) I replaced the injectors and the fuel in the oil problem stopped. My issue now is at times the truck seems lazy on take off and other times I can pull out and it will blow the tires off. I have changed the boost sensor , that was the code it was pulling out. If it done it all the time it would be easier to fix. Anyone have any insight on what it could be.
Thanks,
Dew

lil bleur

Its all good until..BOOM!
Oct 6, 2015
York PA
If you post in the LB7 thread you will probably get a better response.
Hey guys, Ive been checking out this forum from time to time and it seems like for the most part a good place to kick things around and figure things out. So I have had 4 of these lb7 trucks and love them. I have had different problems and have taken care of them. I have also done a bit of work on several other trucks for folks. Now I have run into a issue thats driving me crazy. I have a 01 that just turned 200k. I bought the truck with bad injectors the previous owner did head gaskets, bolts,radiator, water pump and block heater. (His mechanic told him he needed to replace it all when doing head gaskets) I replaced the injectors and the fuel in the oil problem stopped. My issue now is at times the truck seems lazy on take off and other times I can pull out and it will blow the tires off. I have changed the boost sensor , that was the code it was pulling out. If it done it all the time it would be easier to fix. Anyone have any insight on what it could be.
Thanks,
Dew

beast32305

Aug 2, 2016
2004.5 LLY 2500hd 6in zone lift

New to the forum but after reading through the past threads trying to decide if some of the (upgrades) are worth it. Like the egr delete and pcv reroute. Seems like most have done them within the 1st 150k miles. Mine has 484k and still running strong just getting around to thinking about doing them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.