April '24 Chat --- Got Jokes?

shakenfake

Moron
Sep 15, 2022
Shlumpt, TX
I took some drone footage of the eclipse. I am in Ft. Worth so we got a good total eclipse, looked pretty cool from way up there.

Also my buddy just blew the trans in his stock 94 Cummins. Guess a call to Inglewood will be happening in the morning...

Reactions: Dm23

Dm23

Mar 8, 2019
Socal
I took some drone footage of the eclipse. I am in Ft. Worth so we got a good total eclipse, looked pretty cool from way up there.

Also my buddy just blew the trans in his stock 94 Cummins. Guess a call to Inglewood will be happening in the morning...
You wouldn’t go the fire punk route for the Cummins platform? Seems like that group of guys mostly work on that.

shakenfake

Moron
Sep 15, 2022
Shlumpt, TX
@Dm23 I will look into them!

I just know Inglewood is highly respected amongst the duramax community and I see they have options for the cummins group. Figured they could supply things or at least point me in the right direction.

I will most likely be building it.

Dm23

Mar 8, 2019
Socal
Not saying Inglewood is bad. But just wanted to give you another option to compare prices. Building it yourself will save some coin too.

Reactions: shakenfake

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
@Dm23 I will look into them!

I just know Inglewood is highly respected amongst the duramax community and I see they have options for the cummins group. Figured they could supply things or at least point me in the right direction.

I will most likely be building it.
If you're looking to build it yourself, I would be looking at Goerend for parts. I can get you whatever you need, and I'm about 2 hours east of Ft Worth.

Reactions: shakenfake

Dm23

Mar 8, 2019
Socal
I have a question for you guys. Can any of you guys give me advice on any tips or tricks to removing and installing LML injectors. I will be doing this in the next coming months and wanted to get pick peoples brain's for this job. Also, I know tuning will have to be modified, but I read somewhere you have to reprogram the injectors with the bar code/QR code thing on top of them? Is that true? Or can you just add the new tuning. and be done?

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
Programming the injectors would be ideal but it's not going to harm anything if you don't. It may make it run a tiny bit smoother at idle and make the balance rates a little more accurate but probably not anything that will be noticable

Most don't program them

Reactions: malibu795 and Dm23

kidturbo

Piston Tester
Jul 21, 2010
Somewhere On The Ohio
www.marinemods.us
And my favorite 2024 eclipse data.

Ok own up, who searched it....

441de6f6326dc6d1a49f92a1dc878dda.jpg

kidturbo

Piston Tester
Jul 21, 2010
Somewhere On The Ohio
www.marinemods.us
They sell a medical sav now ya can put on welding burnt eyeballs. Back in the old days, ya cut potatoes up and held slices on your eyes for a few hours. Learned it as a kid from an old timer. Great cure when ya wake up at 2AM with what feels like a handful of sand in your eyeballs. Last time I got burned was teaching a kid how to mig, and only had one helmet.. Just a few good flashes, and you'll know it when get flash burned..

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state
Went a watched the new "Civil War" movie. More about journalism and the struggles and related dangers than actual sides fighting each other and and the consequences that can happen.

Supposedly is a twist/remake of the second civil war made in '97 haven't seen it though

Dm23

Mar 8, 2019
Socal
Went a watched the new "Civil War" movie. More about journalism and the struggles and related dangers than actual sides fighting each other and and the consequences that can happen.

Supposedly is a twist/remake of the second civil war made in '97 haven't seen it though
Was it any good?