anyone have a smarturn module from BT Dieselworks

trashygasman

Slowly but Surely
Dec 18, 2008
Washington, OK
I bought one from another member here and downloaded the instructions off Ben's website. It has an extra gray wire with the power and ground wires that is not in the instructions. It had never been installed before so the original owner doesn't know where it goes either. I've PMed and emailed Ben with no response yet. Has anyone wlse installed on with this gray wire?

trashygasman

Slowly but Surely
Dec 18, 2008
Washington, OK
It doesn't. My blinkers are not working at all. I have it hooked up per instructions without the gray wire hooked up and it is not working.

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
Post a picture up of the module...it may be an older one and Ill have to decipher the wire colors by looking at it.

sorry I missed the email!

Ben

trashygasman

Slowly but Surely
Dec 18, 2008
Washington, OK
It has the pink and black/white wire then this gray one with a spade connector on the end. The 4 green wires are in the black sheathing.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 50

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
Wow thats an old one!

So the pink wire you have going to +12v, black wire goes to ground...

and then the green wires....are those terminated in pins or bare wire?

trashygasman

Slowly but Surely
Dec 18, 2008
Washington, OK
Still waiting on an answer. I see you have already been on here this morning Ben. You have phone calls, emails and PMs from me also with no response. This is going on 10 days now.

trashygasman

Slowly but Surely
Dec 18, 2008
Washington, OK
OK, my patience is wearing thin. This is an email from Ben on 3/18. It has been 3 wks and I haven't seen or heard anything. I have seen him on here almost every day since then. I have emailed and PMed several times asking what's up. I would like an answer.

hey Kyle- I apologize it took me so long to get back to you! The gray wire is for tow/haul, but it does NOT have to be connected in order for the module to work. If the module isnt working, and you have verified that the pink wire has +12v, and the black wire is to a solid ground, then the module is probably defective, or something is broken inside of it... What is your address? I will send you a replacement one free-of-charge, and then when you get the replacement one, if you could send the defective one back to me, that would be great.

thanks
Ben

Actually, as I write this....you are logged on now. So no reason not to have an answer today.