Any Mountain Bikers Here?

RKTMech

Idiot with a wrench
Aug 18, 2008
The Norco's
2005 GT hard tail, rockshox up front, Looking for a freshy maybe a 650.

2013 Fuji GranFondo CF Full carbon, no paint, 19lbs ready to ride, road whore!

bigmackmiller

Nov 30, 2008
Kokomo, IN

jmaz268

Lead from the Front
May 20, 2010
Springfield IL
Mtbr.com is prob one of the best sites ever....

My wife hates when I visit pricepoint.com.

Im looking at getting some new 510 shoes soon...had my keens for about a year and hate em....too damn heavy and falling apart.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Combine Pilot

They Call Me Mike
Feb 7, 2010
Saskatchewan
I really like 510 shoes. I used to have a pair of Oakley Radars that were probably the best bike shoes I ever had. Too bad they quit making them. :(

jmaz268

Lead from the Front
May 20, 2010
Springfield IL
I really like 510 shoes. I used to have a pair of Oakley Radars that were probably the best bike shoes I ever had. Too bad they quit making them. :(

Lol generally how it is....my buddy and tattoo artist keeps forcing me to look at links for 510 cause he knows how much I hate mine

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
Lol generally how it is....my buddy and tattoo artist keeps forcing me to look at links for 510 cause he knows how much I hate mine

Hey John post up the sweet mountain bike gopro video you made lol

Sent from a black cloud and the smell of burnt rubber.

mackthehack

DUH...
Apr 16, 2007
Mtbr.com is prob one of the best sites ever....

My wife hates when I visit pricepoint.com.

Im looking at getting some new 510 shoes soon...had my keens for about a year and hate em....too damn heavy and falling apart.

Pinkbike.com is good, Ridemonkey.com is not bad.

510's are good shoes. I prefer vans.

jmaz268

Lead from the Front
May 20, 2010
Springfield IL
After dealing with my shitty shifter set for 2 yrs......started looking for an upgrade.

Found a set of Shimano XTR ones on ebay....Won it for 32 bucks....and they are new.

Know time to find an awesome deal on derailleurs. Be nice to be able to shift properly, these Alivio ones are pretty cheap and junky.

Combine Pilot

They Call Me Mike
Feb 7, 2010
Saskatchewan
After dealing with my shitty shifter set for 2 yrs......started looking for an upgrade.

Found a set of Shimano XTR ones on ebay....Won it for 32 bucks....and they are new.

Know time to find an awesome deal on derailleurs. Be nice to be able to shift properly, these Alivio ones are pretty cheap and junky.

Nice. XTR stuff is frickin sweet. I ripped apart the gears in two or three SRAM rear cassettes in about a year, got an XTR rear cassette and had no issues with it. You got a smokin deal on those too. :thumb:

jmaz268

Lead from the Front
May 20, 2010
Springfield IL
Bumping an old thread.

Finally going with a FS Bike. Tired of my back feeling like I rode in a Ford all day long.

Its a Titus FTM 26 incher. Has an XTR Front Derailleur, Thomson Masterpiece seatpost and the Fox RP32 shock. Paid $250 for everything.

Now the fun part of spec'ing out the build. Thinking a 2x10 driveline. But may go with a 2x9 for it being substantially cheaper.

Attachments

• .facebook_1224454038.jpg
    .facebook_1224454038.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 26

mackthehack

DUH...
Apr 16, 2007
Looks like a good start to an a/m set up. I've thought about picking up an enduro or a/m style bike. When you get it built and ride it give us some feed back.

jmaz268

Lead from the Front
May 20, 2010
Springfield IL
Looks like a good start to an a/m set up. I've thought about picking up an enduro or a/m style bike. When you get it built and ride it give us some feed back.

I love em. Just they aren't cheap. Buddy has an intense and a yeti, love riding his any chance I get, much more fun than my hardtail.

Stingpuller

The Pusher Man
Jan 11, 2007
central Ohio
Bike

I have a carbon Santa Cruz blur. I just bought it from a buddy who bought it new and was upgrading. I don't know a lot about them but its a pretty sweet ride. I will try and get pictures to see if I got a good deal or not. Its in nice shape 2010 model and I paid $1500.

Last edited:

jmaz268

Lead from the Front
May 20, 2010
Springfield IL
Started ordering some parts.

Right now build sheet is looking like this, gonna be a hell of alot of fun.

Frame: Titus FTM (changing color to red)
Fork: Rockshox Revelation RCT (black)
Shock: Fox RP23 (May upgrade)
Headset: Acros (Germany made, huge pain in the ass to find, on par with Chris King) (black)
Stem: Easton Haven 55mm (magnesium/red)
Seatpost: Thomson Masterpiece (black)
Seat: undecided
Bars: Answer Protaper 720AM carbon (black)
Groupset: SRAM X0 2x10 (black/red)
Bottom Bracket: Chris King Stainless (red)
Wheelset: WTB Frequency TSC 23mm (black) with Hope 2 pro Evo(red) (black DT Swiss spokes and red nipples)

Going to look amazing and be badass.

jmaz268

Lead from the Front
May 20, 2010
Springfield IL
Here's a picture

Hard to tell whats all on it. Pretty good deal for a Carbon full suspension though. Looks like a 150-160mm travel Rockshox fork and maybe Avid brakes with DT swiss rims.

I'd say you got a really good deal.

Have you gotten a chance to ride it yet?

mackthehack

DUH...
Apr 16, 2007
Started ordering some parts.

Right now build sheet is looking like this, gonna be a hell of alot of fun.

Frame: Titus FTM (changing color to red)
Fork: Rockshox Revelation RCT (black)
Shock: Fox RP23 (May upgrade)
Headset: Acros (Germany made, huge pain in the ass to find, on par with Chris King) (black)
Stem: Easton Haven 55mm (magnesium/red)
Seatpost: Thomson Masterpiece (black)
Seat: undecided
Bars: Answer Protaper 720AM carbon (black)
Groupset: SRAM X0 2x10 (black/red)
Bottom Bracket: Chris King Stainless (red)
Wheelset: WTB Frequency TSC 23mm (black) with Hope 2 pro Evo(red) (black DT Swiss spokes and red nipples)

Going to look amazing and be badass.

That's a pricey build. Sram xo shit ain't cheap. What brakes are you going to run? Hope? Why not run fox forks? I've run fox, marzos, manis on all my different bikes. By far the best forks are fox. Samething with rear shocks. I do want to try a cane creek double barrel though both versions coil and air.