Another reason not to get involved....

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
This just happened here in TX. Could you imagine pulling a gun and taking a life for a fake robbery... Heck even with all the stunts on social media who knows when you might involve is "Robbery Challeng".

This story makes me a little sick. Fox seems to be pushing an agenda with it. Making some thug out be the victim. I'm sorry for his family, but damn what about the poor guy pulled the trigger thinking he was protecting someone?

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state
Seems some guys are just good at finding trouble. Luckily I've not had that problem.
Ohio was trying to pass a law that would keep what happened to Kyle Rittenhouse from happening in Ohio unfortunately it failed.

I question the charity of others to help dig me out of said situation.

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
Ohio was trying to pass a law that would keep what happened to Kyle Rittenhouse from happening in Ohio unfortunately it failed.

I question the charity of others to help dig me out of said situation.
What part are you referring too? The attack or the acquittal?

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state
What part are you referring too? The attack or the acquittal?
The whole legal shenanigans..
The fact there is nothing restricting an anti gun DA for running you through the mud destroying your life for protecting yourself. Or the police for that matter either. And due to QI, there is no legitimate recourses for their actions

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
The whole legal shenanigans..
The fact there is nothing restricting an anti gun DA for running you through the mud destroying your life for protecting yourself. Or the police for that matter either. And due to QI, there is no legitimate recourses for their actions
Ok, yeah that trial was definitely a clown show. I was yelling at the screen telling them to get down when the prosecutor pointed the rifle at the jury. He should have been thrown out just for that

QI has definitely been taking advantage of in the last few years

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
As a human that concealed carries every single day no matter what, I have wrestled with this.

I finally boiled it down to: is it a life threatening situation? Truly is it? If it’s not then walk away and it’s just items/ money. If it is I stop the threat and deal with the outcome. Simple as that.

shakenfake

Moron
Sep 15, 2022
Shlumpt, TX
Wow both of those groups of people are idiots. Shooter should go to jail (not for shooting the man), victims should also go to jail. Case closed good night.

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
As a human that concealed carries every single day no matter what, I have wrestled with this.

I finally boiled it down to: is it a life threatening situation? Truly is it? If it’s not then walk away and it’s just items/ money. If it is I stop the threat and deal with the outcome. Simple as that.
Perfectly put. I have explained it pretty much that same way to friends and family. I'm an NRA Pistol Instructor and CCW carry every day too. I'm not a cop and I'm not a glory hound. I don't have aspirations of being hero to the public. If something isn't life threatening, I'm not going to be involved. If something is life-threatening, then I feel as you do.

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal

Perfectly put. I have explained it pretty much that same way to friends and family. I'm an NRA Pistol Instructor and CCW carry every day too. I'm not a cop and I'm not a glory hound. I don't have aspirations of being hero to the public. If something isn't life threatening, I'm not going to be involved. If something is life-threatening, then I feel as you do.

I may be the odd man out, but I feel that this mindset is what creating the culture of crime and no consequences. No one helping anyone else. "Has nothing to do with me" attitude. You may have a hard line now but others down the road may push it further where they say: "they can have my wallet but not my car or house", then, "they can steal my car and rob my house but not my friends or family". Now getting reduced to: "as long as it's not me or my family then I'm not getting involved". Then it's, as long as it's not me, ect.

At one time everyone helped police their neighborhood. Pretty theft was not tolerated by any good person. People looked after one another even if they didn't know them. This has all deteriorated into little islands of responsibility where we put blinders on and say I'm not getting involved. It's sad

But in some respect I do agree with the reasoning even if I don't agree with the results. This world has turned lawyer happy where every action can be judged by a court and the good ones put through the ringer for just trying to help. For this to change we need the laws for self defense, stand your ground, castle doctrine & good samaritan laws to be strengthened instead of eroded.

Short of a civil war, voting is the only way to get rid of the crooks passing the laws hurting the innocent and the ones enforcing them

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state
Unless I'm am directly being attacked, I'm vacating the vicinity immediately. I do not want to be there when cops show up, way too many professional trigger happy cops that are trained to mag dump in a general direction. With no concern of anything beyond or around their intended target.
Per FBI data I'm more like to get hit by a stray cop round then a fellow citizen.
I go point my firearm anywhere near like this I'm screwed in court.
Screenshot_20240409-191442.png
Which is completely opposite of the citizen that stopped the greenwood mall .

Good Samaritan laws have been neutralized.
The professionals are held to a substantially lower standard then the non professional.

Mag dumping on your assailant after they're incapacitated on the ground is BZ for a cop but changes from self defense to manslaughter 9:10 for the civilian..

Heaven forbid I mis and get an innocent, the civil suits that are allowed, USCCA has been ran through ringer few times for dropping cases that honestly DA should have never brought up in the first place.

I don't have 7 figures to fight a over zealous executive and judicial branch that wants to make an example out of me.

In some places being carried by 6 is better than judged by a kangaroo 12.

Reactions: 2004LB7

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
I think that you have to have the right mindset if you carry. #1 is to protect your own people. Try to MYOB. Never act differently or look for trouble. Given the society that we are in, I'm not going to expound on the rest of my feelings in public, but if there's a "greater good" call to be made I am sure that I will do what I feel is necessary and morally right despite fear of repercussion. I think/hope many feel that way. As much as I can't stand a lot of things about the pussification of our country, I think back to those that did the right thing and took over flight 93; we still have a great number of good people among us.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Adam, thats interesting you used that particular incident. IIRC, that driver died by "friendly fire".

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state
Adam, thats interesting you used that particular incident. IIRC, that driver died by "friendly fire".
Yeah he got killed by a cop bullet, though they quickly brushed it over ,
It's one of the best examples that makes it very clear, how bad it can be, another example that isn't as easy to see is the shootout in Houston? Back in December last year, complete disregard for safety of general populous, hiding behind occupied vehicles making no attempt to get bystander out of harms way.. most aren't on that big of a scale. Most road side shootouts one can see a cop shooting at the general public, granted most general public are oblivious to anything outside their world which doesn't help anyone 🤦🏻‍♂️

Chris Donner mess, and the LAPD shooting up a blue Toyota with two women in it delivering mail.. instead of a large black man...no charges filled on the cops

The thousands oaks CA bar shooting few years back ..almost half the victims including the cop had cop rounds In them. Someone FOIA request documents on it few years after the fact. Side note I frequented that bar 2-3 times a week from 05-08.. knew some of the older people there.

Knowing what's behind your Intended target is part of basics firearm safety. And a badge doesn't change laws of physics.