Another dual fueler belt thread

jlawles2

Jan 28, 2010
Danbury, TX
Try the Gatorback Part number 4061369. That crosses to the dual alternator for a 2008 but I also found the same part number for a 2006 dual alternator. Belt is listed as 137.5" outside diameter.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
hes looking for a crossover to the HD gator back belt. the one PPE sells with their kit. you can get a normal gates belt at oreilys but they wouldnt order in the HD gator back one cause "its not in the computer". tried autozone, napa, and car quest. nada. Napa just couldnt get me the belt in a timely manner and PPE was cheaper. the normal ones just wouldnt last for me. id go about 1000 miles, belt would stretch, jump a rib and cut it off. i have 2 hanging from my garage right now and one in the truck as a spare should i throw this one, also have a stock belt in there incase the second pump dies for some reason.

Harbin_22

Dec 4, 2010
Southern Indiana
I bet I have 15 belts on the shop. Never threw or tore one up but constantly squeaking. I have the 149" routing now and it has been a lot better. Just had to put a new tensioner on to keep it from squeaking

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
I never had a problem with belts either until I started making big HP. It is the sudden chop of the throttle that allows the belt to jump a ridge usually.

DMAX497

Sep 27, 2012
Utah
I'll be getting another belt soon. Everytime I go trough the automatic touch less car wash this shit starts squeaking. Belt gets wet and I'm screwed...

I have re-aligned my pulled as well.

This will be my 3rd belt I will have to Get. So now im planning on two a year at this rate. I put 6-8k miles on it last year?

Same thing happened on my first belt. Went through the touch less wash and it wouldn't go away. Replaced belt and hand washed from there on out. No issues. Truck sat for three months. Started up no squeaks. Totally spaced to not go through touch less wash and squeak was there. I know it's weird but I think the belt gets wet and I screwed.

Hopefully I can get a gaterback.

Last edited:

DMAX497

Sep 27, 2012
Utah
Well fellas. Here's to a new belt. Got another GATES.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    203.6 KB · Views: 70

TowU4Free

#SecretSquirrel
Aug 27, 2011
Just caught this thread.. my green ppe belt has jumped on the tensioner and tore a rib off and wore the plastic pulley edge off. Never squeaked. My kit is a few years old but I just installed it . Any light shed on the "best " belt?

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
You have a pully alignment issue or a tentioner issue that needs to be addressed. The green belt is as strong as you can get

DMAX497

Sep 27, 2012
Utah
Make sure you get a new tension from the dealership.

I have a gates on it and has to realign my cp3 bracket.

new york lly

I really do care!!
Feb 8, 2014
Buffalo NY
Hey all merry Christmas!! Just bumping this back up to see if there was a cross reference # from the green belt ( Gates micro v K061360HD ) to the continental Elite belt?? I'm really over the squeak....tensioner, idlers,all have been replaced. Looking to try a different belt, tired o f buying the green belts. Read that the gatorback belt is now branded the continental elite