Allison ZF swap

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
You could ask Mark to reconfigure your tune to be on a "stand alone" OS. Not all OS's are created equal and some are better for stand alone applications if I've understood correctly. ;)

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
You could ask Mark to reconfigure your tune to be on a "stand alone" OS. Not all OS's are created equal and some are better for stand alone applications if I've understood correctly. ;)

The issue is with the push-button 4wd..... With no TCM there to send the data message to the TCSM that the trans is in neutral, the TCSM will inhibit a shift to 4-low.

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
The issue is with the push-button 4wd..... With no TCM there to send the data message to the TCSM that the trans is in neutral, the TCSM will inhibit a shift to 4-low.

Could you just run a ground to the pin 39 or black wire in the c2? That is the the park/neutral signal with the Allison. The tcm I imagine is sending a signal to that pin, which allows it to change into 4low. Running wired up signal to that(ground or signal idk) couldn't that fool it?

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
Could you just run a ground to the pin 39 or black wire in the c2? That is the the park/neutral signal with the Allison. The tcm I imagine is sending a signal to that pin, which allows it to change into 4low. Running wired up signal to that(ground or signal idk) couldn't that fool it?

No. Re-read my post. Its a DATA MESSAGE from the TCM to the TCSM (transfer case shift module). You cant "FAKE" a data message.

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
Just find a 261 transfer case. :D

Can you just go redneck and crawl under the truck and manually put the xcase in 4lo when you want/need it? :thumb:

Did you hook it this weekend, Ben?

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
Just find a 261 transfer case. :D

Can you just go redneck and crawl under the truck and manually put the xcase in 4lo when you want/need it? :thumb:

Did you hook it this weekend, Ben?

No and I really wanted to. Burned me up new castle decided to cancel Friday at 7:15 when it was supposed to start at 7! The track was a mess, so god knows how much worse it was 2 hours ealier when they should have made a call. Instead they had ppl drive 2.5 hours to get there only to go to back home. Called ktpa earlier in the day Saturday asking if they would have time for any diesel test passes (since they don't have a 2.5 class) ofcourse they said no. Georgetown has a stupid noise ordinance where they have to quit at 10 or 11pm. Can't remember.... So my only choice was to go back to new castle and hook 2.6 with the ppl. I didn't pass tech as far as rear axle covers. (Need to build some) so I came back home. After unloading the truck and trailer and chillig for a bit I find out 5-6 trucks got to make a test pass at the ktpa pull in Georgetown!! Wth so looks like ill be driving down to beans neck of the woods in Tennessee for my first pass on this setup this weekend. Was hoping to get local drive time in first!

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
Made it to any hooks yet - haven't seen you listed on the standings for any of the BOB pulls yet? How's it going? Getting the feel for it yet?

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
I got 2nd out of 16 trucks at Danville. Going to Brandenburg this Saturday. I don't know of anyone who got a video of me... But NBC sports was there videoing, ain't no tellin when that will air though haha

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
You can fake a data message, but it is well beyond the abilities of mpg DIY guys, myself included.

Right, I know that. But when people say "can you fake the signal", most of the time they generally conjure up images of radio shack parts and a couple resistors to "fake" a signal. Which obviously isnt going to do anything in this case.

I just wanted to make it clear that 99 out of 100 back yard wrenchers arent going to be able to cobble something together to make push-button 4wd work without an Allison TCM in there broadcasting the NSBU-neutral flag over the databus.