Info: Allison trans in 2.6 truck

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
Do the higher stall converters drag the rpms down some when put in gear like a stock converter does or not. The one that's in my truck now drags the rpms down about 100rpms and have to have my foot on the brakes firm to keep from moving.

A high stall precision does not in my experience. How long since your trans was refreshed? Only other thing could cause you issues like this would be a valve sticking trying to apply the converter.

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
Even in first gear it shouldn't take much brake pressure to hold at idle. But in 3rd or 4th gear you should have to apply throttle to make it move.

duramaxzak

Wanna be puller!
Nov 22, 2008
Minnesota
A high stall precision does not in my experience. How long since your trans was refreshed? Only other thing could cause you issues like this would be a valve sticking trying to apply the converter.

The converter in my truck acts like a stock converter when putting it in to gear, I was thinking if it was a 3K stall it would not really want to move when put in gear at idle like the stock one. I know when I had my Mustang with a 3500 converter you could put it into gear and it would move tell you gave it some throttle. I started pulling drive shaft loops and drive shafts last night, the new on is going in!!!

Yellow Jacket

WannaBe Sled Puller
Feb 11, 2009
Waterloo, IA
With Goerend high stall on flat ground it will move at idle but a lip in concrete or a car ramp will take 300+ rpm over idle to climb or overcome... Pretty easy to tell on a 1" plus lip, my 2600 stall will take 1500-1800 rpm to climb a 6" cement curb and gutter...

duramaxzak

Wanna be puller!
Nov 22, 2008
Minnesota
I got the new converter in and it is acting about the same as the converter that came out. I now found out my 3rd gear start TCM tune was not putting it into 3rd. So I am going to have Mark make me a 3rd gear start tcm tune and see if that will get me where I need to be.

duramaxzak

Wanna be puller!
Nov 22, 2008
Minnesota
I got a new 4lo/3rd gear start tcm program from Mark today and I can get it to spool up pretty good. I think I might send my other converter and get it restalled a little higher.

Oh, And for all of you that didn't know you can select a PID that will display what gear your tranny is in on your Edge CTS monitor.:thumb: