Wicked Witch of the West
Aug 2, 2006
Norco, CA
Anyone here drink it? Became legal in the US so I bought Pat a bottle :eek:

MaxFarmer

<--Heavy Smoker
Jan 22, 2007
Albion, Nebraska
Wow, Ive never heard of the stuff before---but I'm really gonna have to try it now!

I had to look it up on wiki: (edited for the good stuff of course)
"Further, absinthe was portrayed as a dangerously addictive, psychoactive drug; the chemical thujone was blamed for most of its deleterious effects.....Though it was vilified, no evidence shows it to be any more dangerous or psychoactive than ordinary alcohol"

MaxFarmer

<--Heavy Smoker
Jan 22, 2007
Albion, Nebraska
Ok, so how do you go about drinking it? Shots? Or, do you actually mix it with water? How bad/good does it actually taste? Reading between the lines it sounds like it tastes like ass but makes you feel good. :D

Oh yeah, I'm supposed to stop drinking so much.....:rolleyes:

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
Kat we had some good "REAL" stuff on new years from Russia any geuss to where we got it;)
But we can buy about 4-5 differnt brands here locally, I still think Dales stuff was better!

It comes in green or red and ranges in alchohol % from 40 to 70:eek:

I have a bottle in the freezer right now,no worries of it freezing:D

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
Ok, so how do you go about drinking it? Shots? Or, do you actually mix it with water? How bad/good does it actually taste? Reading between the lines it sounds like it tastes like ass but makes you feel good. :D

Oh yeah, I'm supposed to stop drinking so much.....:rolleyes:

Directions on the bottle are to drink it in a shot glass with a teaspoon of suger in a shot glass and light it on fire:cool2:

Kat

Wicked Witch of the West
Aug 2, 2006
Norco, CA

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Absynthe

Here is a bottle of the good stuff Kat. I bought it in Russia. 70% Alcohol, 140 Proof. It's a very common drink in places there.
Supplies required to drink this shit are as follows
-1 bottle of absynthe
-2 Litre bottle of 7up or sprite
-1 short wine glass
-1 short whiskey glass
- ice cubes (from a tray not a bag - must be squareish)
- bendy straws
- a lighter
- a handful of cardboard coasters

Directions:
Take 1.5oz of sprite and pour into whiskey glass with one ice cube tray sized ice cube in it
Take 1.5oz of absynthe and pour into the wine glass - no ice cube
Turn the wine glass on it's side to coat the walls of the glass with the absynthe, after it is coated, light on fire with a lighter and spin a couple more times
Pour the absynth into the whiskey glass of sprite over the ice cube and cover immediately with a coaster
Immediately after emptying the contents of the wine glass, turn it upside down and set it on the other coaster
Give a quick stirring motion of the whiskey glass with the ice cube in it until the ice cube is pretty much melted and after that give it a hard smack on the table to get the bubbles to go nuts-then drink the entire contents as quickly as possible like a shooter
Then take the bendy straw, and slide under the wine glass with the short bendy piece tipped up and start chuffin through the straw until you can't anymore or you black out.

Then either turn and puke on your friend beside you or repeat until you can't feel feelings!!:D

Good Times!!

Last edited:

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
Is Pat seeing any little green guys on his shoulder yet, we have a bottle that we brought back from canda that and 2 cases of molsen XXX

LarryJewell

Back with his honey :)
Jan 21, 2007
San Angelo
Here is a bottle of the good stuff Kat. I bought it in Russia. 70% Alcohol, 140 Proof. It's a very common drink in places there.
Supplies required to drink this shit are as follows
-1 bottle of absynthe
-2 Litre bottle of 7up or sprite
-1 short wine glass
-1 short whiskey glass
- ice cubes (from a tray not a bag - must be squareish)
- bendy straws
- a lighter
- a handful of cardboard coasters

Directions:
Take 1.5oz of sprite and pour into whiskey glass with one ice cube tray sized ice cube in it
Take 1.5oz of absynthe and pour into the wine glass - no ice cube
Turn the wine glass on it's side to coat the walls of the glass with the absynthe, after it is coated, light on fire with a lighter and spin a couple more times
Pour the absynth into the whiskey glass of sprite over the ice cube and cover immediately with a coaster
Immediately after emptying the contents of the wine glass, turn it upside down and set it on the other coaster
Give a quick stirring motion of the whiskey glass with the ice cube in it until the ice cube is pretty much melted and after that give it a hard smack on the table to get the bubbles to go nuts-then drink the entire contents as quickly as possible like a shooter
Then take the bendy straw, and slide under the wine glass with the short bendy piece tipped up and start chuffin through the straw until you can't anymore or you black out.

Then either turn and puke on your friend beside you or repeat until you can't feel feelings!!:D

Good Times!!

Thats hardcore, I think i'll have a beer and watch ;)

MaxFarmer

<--Heavy Smoker
Jan 22, 2007
Albion, Nebraska
Who decided to make it leagal? State or Feds? Is that what our govt has been up to lately? It would be nice to see them worry a little more about the farm bill, the war, energy prices and a few other things instead of some certain liquors. :rolleyes:

Diesel Pilot

Hat? Suitcase? 50 BMG?
Aug 9, 2006
Pickerington, OH
Wrong guy; it was some other european fag that did that. Maybe VanGohe.

Correct!

Ever notice how most of the great artist's/writers of the 19th and early 20th century's were always hopped up on absinthe or something else.

Hemingway, Picasso, Wilde, and Van Gogh all did this stuff. It can't be that bad if these guys are famous for what it produces.

Maybe I'll get a bottle and write the next Great American Novel. ;)