A citizens complaint...

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Sorry Arizona, not Cali...just wondering who the whiners call out there if they have a complaint?

oh i thought you quoted the wrong person at first lol. they call ADEQ (arizona department of environmental quality). Basically, the guys who we have to see for emissions. Its rare to get one of those little complaint papers but there are tree huggers here that will call your plate in and have them send one. really its a waste of paper and tax money.

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
Ya we have a coalrollers hotline. Never head anything about them doing something about the reports. With the way my old 6.4 smoked during regine someone should of called on me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GMC_2002_Dmax

The Still Master
Plenty of stock take-off exhausts out there, do a little cleaning out of the SCR and DPF, unplug the Urea tank and some blocker plates.

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Visually it all looks like its there..........:thumb:

So glad I live in SC now, CT was heading that way years ago, they won't even test you if you have a 4" or larger tail-pipe in CT now, and some places will fail you if your CAT or any exhaust is not 100% Stock.

I have seen them lifted and deleted for sale in SC at big name dealers.......guess its the difference between tree hugging and non-tree hugging.

I feel bad for guys that live in Commie States like CO and CA.

NavyCTRC

Sep 8, 2016
FL
Of all the states to be worried about "smoke", you would think Colorado would be the last....they are making millions in tax revenue on "smoke". Pfft...hippies.

wilrob

Back in the Motherland
Sep 14, 2016
Dallas, TX
I have to test again in 1.5 years, hopefully I'll be permanently down south by then.. the smoke here in CO does smell a bit different then diesel, and I can't figure out why....

BrandonLLY

Apr 23, 2014
Plenty of stock take-off exhausts out there, do a little cleaning out of the SCR and DPF, unplug the Urea tank and some blocker plates.

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Visually it all looks like its there..........:thumb:

So glad I live in SC now, CT was heading that way years ago, they won't even test you if you have a 4" or larger tail-pipe in CT now, and some places will fail you if your CAT or any exhaust is not 100% Stock.

I have seen them lifted and deleted for sale in SC at big name dealers.......guess its the difference between tree hugging and non-tree hugging.

I feel bad for guys that live in Commie States like CO and CA.

Dont feel sorry for us in CALI. The way you describe CT is much more strict than anything they do for diesel smog here. They don't pull any of that crap on us here. Kind of surprised actually.

GMC_2002_Dmax

The Still Master
Dont feel sorry for us in CALI. The way you describe CT is much more strict than anything they do for diesel smog here. They don't pull any of that crap on us here. Kind of surprised actually.

CT is trying to out do CA and NY for stupidity...........they are doing a fine job achieving their goals.

SC is way better than CT........and the weather ain't so bad either.

c20elephant

C20ELEPHANT
Apr 25, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona

CT is trying to out do CA and NY for stupidity...........they are doing a fine job achieving their goals.

SC is way better than CT........and the weather ain't so bad either.

CARB will be the national standard 2025 maybe sooner the way EPA is growing and it started in 2016 with 2017 being mandatory for vehicles. There will be no more state standards just plain ole CARB across the board for ALL 50 states...

CT can't outdo Cali, look at the CT standards, taken directly from the books of CARB....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_emission_standards

The EPA has adopted the California emissions standards as a national standard by the 2016 model year<SUP id=cite_ref-4 class=reference>[4]</SUP> and is collaborating with California regulators on stricter national emissions standards for model years 2017–2025.<SUP id=cite_ref-5 class=reference>[5]</SUP>

Last edited:

BrandonLLY

Apr 23, 2014
CARB will be the national standard 2025 maybe sooner the way EPA is growing and it started in 2016 with 2017 being mandatory for vehicles. There will be no more state standards just plain ole CARB across the board for ALL 50 states...

Look at the CT standards, taken directly from the books of CARB....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_emission_standards

Every easily identifiable aftermarket part I have is CARB compliant. Its really not that big of a deal. Just have to keep the carb stickers for the parts. I still have efi and other mods that I have no problem passing with.

c20elephant

C20ELEPHANT
Apr 25, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
Every easily identifiable aftermarket part I have is CARB compliant. Its really not that big of a deal. Just have to keep the carb stickers for the parts. I still have efi and other mods that I have no problem passing with.

Have you been through the OBD-II test yet with an EFI tune installed, that will be the real test.?

BrandonLLY

Apr 23, 2014
Yes, no problems.

They could have seen it and not cared though.

BrandonLLY

Apr 23, 2014
They may have seen it and not said anything, Im not sure. But I have been through the test either way. And passed with no problems.

gmduramax

Shits broke
Jun 12, 2008
Nor cal
It only checks for readiness monitors. Depending how the tuner turns off everything, the readiness monitors will always be ready.

SoCalMike

Dec 12, 2010
SoCal
It does not "read" into the ecm. Just checks if the ecm has the correct readiness monitors for the vehicle it is checking and if the readiness monitors are complete.

gmduramax

Shits broke
Jun 12, 2008
Nor cal
It does not "read" into the ecm. Just checks if the ecm has the correct readiness monitors for the vehicle it is checking and if the readiness monitors are complete.

I don't believe the computer knows what readiness monitors you're supposed to have. It only checks if you have them, and are they ready.

six5creed

Jan 6, 2016
N.C.
Volkswagen figured out the readiness test and were always ready until someone tried to do a real test, lol.