4088 oil leak

Sep 10, 2008
Morehead City, North Carolina
After the turbo was installed and ran a few 100 miles, I had to disconnect the oil feed line on top of the turbo; hence, oil leak. The gasket seems to adhere and melt. I guess after I broke the bond, the seal was ruined. I tried to run with it torqued down but it leaks like crazy. Any ideas on how to properly make a new gasket or find one?

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
After the turbo was installed and ran a few 100 miles, I had to disconnect the oil feed line on top of the turbo; hence, oil leak. The gasket seems to adhere and melt. I guess after I broke the bond, the seal was ruined. I tried to run with it torqued down but it leaks like crazy. Any ideas on how to properly make a new gasket or find one?

PPE will have one.

RENODMAX

Dead Wrong
Mar 4, 2008
Funny you thought a brand new one wouldn't leak :rolleyes: I'd just order one if you don't know what gasket paper is

Dan@PPE

Diesel Enthusiast
Aug 8, 2006
So Cal.

Why was it removed in the first place? Give me a call

Dan
714-985-4825

Sep 10, 2008
Morehead City, North Carolina
Funny you thought a brand new one wouldn't leak :rolleyes: I'd just order one if you don't know what gasket paper is

The 90 elbow was not torqued down properly during the install and oil seeped out. You cannot turn the 90 in a 360 degree motion once mounted because it hits the housing. I had no choice to take it apart. Clearly it is normal for a first time turbo install to have mistakes such as these not when you've got the swaps down to a few hours and build them for other people :D

Jared Duramax

<---- $$$ Whore!!
Feb 13, 2008
Matthews NC
that dam thing is still leaking? i thought i walked you through how to make one out of gasket paper. call me tomorrow so we can resolve this

RENODMAX

Dead Wrong
Mar 4, 2008
The 90 elbow was not torqued down properly during the install and oil seeped out. You cannot turn the 90 in a 360 degree motion once mounted because it hits the housing. I had no choice to take it apart. Clearly it is normal for a first time turbo install to have mistakes such as these not when you've got the swaps down to a few hours and build them for other people :D

Shouldn't torque the elbow that's how mine broke a bolt. I'm sure everything jared did was great. Weird us Reno kids who know nothing are doing a custom setup on a certain black truck in my garage