28.8" OD Drag Radials

Drholliday

May 28, 2008
Gresham, OR
Would a 15" rim work on a Chev/GMC and can you find them? lots of good sizes in 15 inch. more sidewall as well.

On my 16" rims I don't have the clearance to have sticky weights on the middle of the inside of the rim without them hitting the the front brakes, I really doubt any 15" rim would fit on the front of these trucks.

MAXLLY

No Lemming Here
Aug 15, 2007
San Diego
IIRC, I looked into this awhile back and couldn't find any 8X6.5 bolt circle for a 15" wheel...Maybe someone makes them now...

A company in Peoria? Glendale? Near Phoenix can make 'em... can't memmer the name though?

$500 a rim custom, rear aluminum up to 15" wide. (I want to try them in the rear only with a mini tub (2") and 16-18" x 34.5-36". It'll take up all the space from rail to outside of the bed)

If you need the info PM me, I have it in the job file at the shop.

On Edit- IIRC nothing under 16" will fit on the front unless a guy converts to smaller brakes. With a drop spindle nothing under 17" will work unless you mod the spindle 1/4"-3/8".

Last edited:

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
I was chatting with someone once about converting to a half ton front hub assembly so a guy "could" run a 15" tire and smaller brakes but I dunno how much work that would be or if it would hold up to the HP/TQ we are throwing at it.

The Neens

BFD
Staff member
Aug 10, 2006
Monrovia, Ca.
A company in Peoria? Glendale? Near Phoenix can make 'em... can't memmer the name though?

$500 a rim custom, rear aluminum up to 15" wide. (I want to try them in the rear only with a mini tub (2") and 16-18" x 34.5-36". It'll take up all the space from rail to outside of the bed)

If you need the info PM me, I have it in the job file at the shop.

On Edit- IIRC nothing under 16" will fit on the front unless a guy converts to smaller brakes. With a drop spindle nothing under 17" will work unless you mod the spindle 1/4"-3/8".

Thanks James...I was looking a few years back for Dad's 2WD dually, ended up with some treaded M&H's, now we'll use the Nostalgia 16X12s...I'd still like to know the name of the company...

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Who in their right mind would downsize the brakes on these trucks just to run a slick? There's far too much weight and inertia to use 1/2 ton brakes, IMO. Only way I can see it is if you're talking about running high-$$ aftermarket setups.

Last edited: