2017 Duramax

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Who cares what the torque output is!!!!! A stock LB7 makes enough power and torque to pull wayyyyyy more than the truck can handle. It's time for some damn fuel economy.

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

duramaxdiesel

Dmax Nut
Oct 23, 2008
Montreal, Canada
As long as there is a DPF in there I don't see these diesels being MPG friendly. Deleting mine in the LMM was night and day.

I don't think it will be long before someone somewhere will be able to delete the emissions on the '17's. The demand is there.

hntngkd

Jun 24, 2013
Attica, Mi
Minor body changes, personally i think it looks more aggressive. Torque and horsepower ill just say are impressive for a stock truck.

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
1000 ft lbs!? No way in hell.

And as for your first comment, mid-cycle enhancement isnt "every 3 years". Its whenever they want/need it/bean counters allow it. GMT-900 didnt even get an MCE.

They changed the front clip in 2011. Let's see it was released in 07.5 add 3 yrs and you get the 11 model. I could say the sky is blue and you'd say "only at when it's day time and there isn't a storm system in the area"....:joker:

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
They changed the front clip in 2011. Let's see it was released in 07.5 add 3 yrs and you get the 11 model. I could say the sky is blue and you'd say "only at when it's day time and there isn't a storm system in the area"....:joker:

That is one example. Over the last 100 years more often GM doesnt do body changes every 3 years.

How often they change stuff is exactly as Ben said

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
Anything on towing capacity? Matching Dodge and Ford?

Looks like I may be holding out

Who cares what the torque output is!!!!! A stock LB7 makes enough power and torque to pull wayyyyyy more than the truck can handle. It's time for some damn fuel economy.

Yup that's why we're here :)

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!

The new HD Silverado and Sierra came out in 01, received updates to the front clip in 03 and 05, and changed body styles in mid 07. I don't think you can really set a certain time for an update or body style change.

I just wish they would come out with a crew cab that has as much room as a mega cab or at least a Ford. GM's crew cab is barely bigger than the other guys' extended cab.

WolfLMM

Making Chips
Nov 21, 2006
AL
Anything on towing capacity? Matching Dodge and Ford?

Looks like I may be holding out

Yup that's why we're here :)

Got one bite! :D

GM will never build a truck to our performance standards... Think about that:happy2:

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
Got one bite! :D

GM will never build a truck to our performance standards... Think about that:happy2:

Had to make you happy :)

I don't want much. 1000hp 2000tq and 40mpg :angel:

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
That is one example. Over the last 100 years more often GM doesnt do body changes every 3 years.

How often they change stuff is exactly as Ben said

They typically change every 7 years. They typically update every 3. I did not ever say they change the body style every 3 years...

I'll start in 92 with the first round K-5 Blazer which in 95 became the Tahoe and had an interior/slight exterior change. Then in 99 they released the next body style, in 2003 they released an updated interior and exterior, not new just updated. Then on to the 07.5 which was sold in 06 and updated in 2011. I can't go much further back bc I'm not old enough to know the models but since I've been driving that is GM's pattern...

Last edited:

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
Is it really that important? It happens when it happens. No reason to start getting heated.

:D :hug: where's the love

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Something tells me Mike already knows:D

I wish I did, but I don't. I have seen changes in the 2015 1/2 and it makes me wonder why they would do this when the trans is working fine. No sense making changes if they are coming with something new.
Now let's say they are going to an 8 speed. Would they give us a .51 overdrive that kicked in at 90 mph? The 3.10 is a great first gear for a towing rig which the Allison is built for. I don't see a change there. We don't need a closer gear ratio as the Duramax handles the power very well. Where would they make the changes?
Just thinking out loud guys. Feel free to comment.:D

LikeArock

Jan 25, 2015
Kansas City Kansas
These new trucks are getting to the 26,000 gcvwr. At this point and beyond you need a CDL so I don't see the need for much more power. If you need to pull more get a Top kick or Kodiak. I haul new GM's to the dealers from the plants and my Tractor trailer has 325hp @ 1200 ft pounds w/ 10 speed eaton fuller and I'm at 78,000 gcvw on average!