2011 LML 500,000 mile mark

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
:thumb: Just sent a message to admin. Unless, you know a better way to do it by myself.
You just post a photo of your odometer in the garage (not working yet after the site move) and in [THREAD=20160]this thread[/THREAD], and they'll get it updated.

Sent from my FlashScan V2

Hoffie

Mar 10, 2015
Far East LA - aka Phoenix
Today while traveling through Arkansas, my truck blew one of the power steering hoses. It has had some slop in the steering and I messed up and adjusted the play in the steering gear - which did nothing for the worn pitman arm. So, it blew the hose. It did have over 500,000 on those hoses. Tomorrow it will be having the pitman arm, ps hose and a new ABS power module installed.
The power module has been giving me problems the last couple of months and I have had to turn off the stabilitrac to cure the issue. Since it is in the shop for the steering issues I told them to go ahead and install a new module as well.. Then it's back on the road for me. I should get home by Sunday with the odometer hitting 510k.

FROGMAN524

Jul 17, 2010
How many lift pump motors have you been through? How often do you do oil and filter? How often do you do fuel filter and trams filter and fluid?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hoffie

Mar 10, 2015
My oil changes are when the DIC says to do so. It has been averaging between 8 - 10,000 miles. (When the DEF was going bad it would need to be changed every 3,000 miles). The stock fuel water separator filter also done with the DIC and it averages 40 - 50,000 miles. That was before the Lift pump installation and now it is at the 75,000 mile mark. The AirDog filters are changed every time that I notice the fuel mileage drop by 3 mpg's on an average run or when I hear that the pump motor starts to run noisier than normal. It seems to run good for about 30 - 40,000 miles. I change the spin-on transmission filter every 3rd oil change and the internal filter was changed at 279,000 miles when the dealership had to replace the factory wiring harness inside the transmission when it loosen up enough to leak fluid into the wiring harness and shorted out the TCM and 5th & 6th solenoids.

Hoffie

Mar 10, 2015
This week I added a high pressure power steering hose, new pitman arm, center link and tie-rod ends. Then went and got it aligned and she runs nicely down the roadways again without all that play in the steering wheel. It was pretty bad - 11 o'clock to 3 o'clock all while going straight.

WVRigrat05

Wound for sound
Jan 1, 2011
French Creek, West Virginia
This week I added a high pressure power steering hose, new pitman arm, center link and tie-rod ends. Then went and got it aligned and she runs nicely down the roadways again without all that play in the steering wheel. It was pretty bad - 11 o'clock to 3 o'clock all while going straight.

Mines 11 to 1 o'clock with just a bad intermediate shaft, don't know how one gets that bad in 3k miles???

Hoffie

Mar 10, 2015
The '11 doesn't come with a steering stabilizer on it even though the mounting brackets are there. Are you running one to help with the shimmy? Just before I blew the hose I had a death wobble start a couple of times. They don't appear if the wheel is turned - only when straight in that slop area 11 - 3. Since it's not tight when going straight it would wobble if a hit a serious bump with both tires.

Hoffie

Mar 10, 2015
Mine was the same way, which contributed to more slop in the steering as I was always adjusting the steering wheel position for the slop. You can adjust the set/height screw on your steering gear box to take out some of your slop at dead center. If done incorrectly though - it will blow out the high pressure hose. :eek: Which is why I had to replace mine. A 1/4 turn on the adjustment screw is a big adjustment and a 1/2 turn is a major adjustment..