Allison 6sp: 2 to 1 downshift neutral

MHoward

Nov 27, 2016
Did you get it fixed, I am have the same problem. I have a trans leak somewhere , my plug is wet on the outside, but inside is dry. When come to a stop it act like I goes into neutral. Give it a little throttle and it slams into gear and is fine after that till I stop again. 01 lb7. It's driving me crazy.

Jesseh72

Nov 12, 2012
Avon Ohio
Did you get it fixed, I am have the same problem. I have a trans leak somewhere , my plug is wet on the outside, but inside is dry. When come to a stop it act like I goes into neutral. Give it a little throttle and it slams into gear and is fine after that till I stop again. 01 lb7. It's driving me crazy.

I still have not been able to figure it out. I replaced the internal wiring harness (it was leaking), had a updated tcm tune flashed into it, cleaned abs and even took abs fuses out, replaced speed sensor in transferase, replaced internal/external filter, took valve body out and cleaned it (i did not find any debris in it). I am still having the issue.

455buick

Mar 1, 2015
I'm having the exact same issue with my 01. With as common as this seems, Mike L., do you have any insite on this issue?

nonisossose

Jan 22, 2018
Sweden
hi, new to this forum, from the small country in scandinavia, called sweden. one thing is for sure, here we have next to NO PRIUS's whatsoever.
so it could'nt have been one of them hitting me in the rear for the last maybe 50times my 2001 LB7/Allison duramax shifted down from second to "the false neutral" and then onto 1st gear.

sometimes it can take up to approx 3-4 seconds before it jumps into first gear.

hope someone can help all of us out of this problem.

sincerely dan

WolfLMM

Making Chips
Nov 21, 2006
AL
We have an lml, that does this constitently with only a suncoast converter. Didn’t do it before the converter.