Info: 100,000 Mile Service?

SSchmi5519

LLY Cult Leader
Oct 19, 2008
Arizona
I'm nearing 100k miles on the LLY here and am just wondering what chassis parts to inspect/replace.

I am still on OEM everything. Wheel bearings, pitman/idler, brake pads, all hoses, etc.

I know the service intervals on all of the fluids, I'm talking hard parts here.

05LLYGUY

Apr 15, 2011
I just boughty an 05 LLY EC LB it has 101,708 on it.
When I test drove it I took it home for the night and inspected it.
Found that one front hub had about 1" of play, and the other was a little loose.
Dealer came down $800, and I put on two new ones the day after I signed papers.
Noticed that the one that was a little loose had already been changed once.
So I would jack it up and check for play.
Can't wait to see what everyone else says.

lotsofmiles

Father of the Van
Dec 4, 2008
Michigan
Don't know about the 4wd front end stuff, but from 100-200k was pretty uneventfull as long as ALL fluids + filters are changed regularly

KEVINL

Jul 4, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
time to trade it in :spit:

Jack up the front grab the top & bottom of the tire and try to move it if it doesn't move your good

my wheel bearing went out at 175,000

The pitman and idler takes two people with the engine off have someone turn the steering wheel back and forth and see if there is any slop in any of the joints.

Also check your serpentine belt tensioner and idlers.

Maybe change rear diff fluid if it hasnt been done

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
I'm nearing 100k miles on the LLY here and am just wondering what chassis parts to inspect/replace.

I am still on OEM everything. Wheel bearings, pitman/idler, brake pads, all hoses, etc.

I know the service intervals on all of the fluids, I'm talking hard parts here.

i know, i know!!!!! tighten the damn front diff bolt/bracket!! :D :spit:

seriously, jsut a normal good check over is what id do. check all front end parts for wear (steering and suspension), pull the rear drive shaft and check the u-joints (if you really wanna get into it), check all your fluids level wise and if they need replacement, check battery cables/ends for corrosion, check air filter, check cabin filter (if you have one), check radiator/condensor/intercooler for blockages, check all lights, check brakes, check tires for unusual wear, grease all greasable joints, and im sure some other little stuff im forgettin.

oh yeah, change your spark plugs :woott:

SSchmi5519

LLY Cult Leader
Oct 19, 2008
Arizona
i know, i know!!!!! tighten the damn front diff bolt/bracket!! :D :spit:
oh yeah, change your spark plugs :woott:

You fckr! :hug:

Good info so far guys, I'll have to check out my idler/pitman arms soon. I have a little play in the steering wheel.

RKTMech

Idiot with a wrench
Aug 18, 2008
The Norco's
Change the EGR and turbo coolant hoses! There's 2 formed EGR hoses and 1 of the 3 turbo coolant hoses is formed the other two are just bulk cut to length! The rest should be good for awhile longer.

SSchmi5519

LLY Cult Leader
Oct 19, 2008
Arizona
Change the EGR and turbo coolant hoses! There's 2 formed EGR hoses and 1 of the 3 turbo coolant hoses is formed the other two are just bulk cut to length! The rest should be good for awhile longer.

My EGR fell off...can't find it. ;)

As for the turbo, the stock charger is long gone...but good info!

JD4440

<< Lo-Carb Monster
Feb 27, 2009
Orlinda, TN
What about the coolant does it need to be changed at 100k?

I changed mine @ 5 years (only 60k though) If you tow a lot I don't think the dealer charges that much to flush the brake fluid. If you haven't already flush the power steering.

SSchmi5519

LLY Cult Leader
Oct 19, 2008
Arizona
I changed mine @ 5 years (only 60k though) If you tow a lot I don't think the dealer charges that much to flush the brake fluid. If you haven't already flush the power steering.

Power steering fluid was bad at 60k. I check it often now. :thumb: