Question: $0333

Shaner237

Jul 10, 2013
Okay So I got it under 100% and it programmed, and im assuming it programmed my autocal. Anyhow, still throwing the code. This is beyond frustrating. I just want to nuke my truck. Had my tunes for 2 weeks and havent been able to use. :mad::mad:

However I appreciate the help!

Shane, you need to go back to your tuner. Each tuner employs a different method using AutoCal with their Customers.

Some lock tunes, some don't, some just send tunes, some require stock reads and emails first. Some preconfigure the device so you just need to plug and play, some don't.

Tuners are required to support their AutoCal customers because the number of variables involved are simply too great. While you can communicate what your issue is, we have no way of determining what your tuner did, what their systems configuration is, and how to make that interact with the device you have.

Cheers
Cindy

Shaner237

Jul 10, 2013
Alright thanks.

One more question, on the try alt keys, I have the box checked, should I type anything to that box or leave it blank?

My suggestion is that you power everything off and disconnect your AutoCal, then connect and restart everything.

You should then attempt the flash in standalone mode, if you get the $0333 error, then attempt pass though mode with your laptop and select Try Alt, Assume Lock may be faulty and give that a shot. You don't need to enter a key into the box, jus leave that blank.

Cheers
Cindy

Shaner237

Jul 10, 2013
okay so the pass through is when the computer is hooked to the autocal, and then the autocal is hooked to the truck?

Shaner237

Jul 10, 2013
Yes im tuning that truck, and i got tuning from longhorn fab shop via the autocal.

I really appreciate the help A+++ for efi live service

Nov 4, 2012
Harrisonville Mo
My tuner said it has something to do with the 01 02 lb7s I had to check the assume lock box and it goes every time not sure why but that's how I have to do it with my 01 my other truck is a 03 and I don't have to do anything like that I just do a full flash and they are in their so I have no clue I know what you mean by wanting to blow the truck up lol sorry you are having so much trouble

Shaner237

Jul 10, 2013
Well ive gotten that far now, its 1 step forward 2 steps back. Now I dont have the $33 issue, now it says invalid serial number :cussing:

I had the truck reflashed to stock at the dealer today, so I wonder if that has anything to do with it. Such a long and drawn out deal and im so close i can taste it. Gah I want my tunes to work.

Devon

broke my curse
May 2, 2010
Hinsdale ma
Have you tried pulling the radio fuse,tbn ign,and there's one other I had to pull on my buddies lly for it to flash from autocal to truck. Before that it would give that code and a couple others. I pulled 3 fuses and it flashed perfect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shaner237

Jul 10, 2013
I've got 6 fuses pulled.. I don't know what else to pull. Pulled radio and radio amp, rdo 1 rap 2 and a few others. I'm at a loss. I've gotten to where I've gotten past the 0333 error, now it's saying my tune isn't registered to my autocal , because when I read it, it sets my serial number to 0000000000. I'm reading from my laptop using pass through on v8

I've got 6 fuses pulled.. I don't know what else to pull. Pulled radio and radio amp, rdo 1 rap 2 and a few others. I'm at a loss. I've gotten to where I've gotten past the 0333 error, now it's saying my tune isn't registered to my autocal , because when I read it, it sets my serial number to 0000000000. I'm reading from my laptop using pass through on v8

I think your ECM is toast. 0000000 serial number is not a good sign. That happens (even with GM's tuning) when a new (incompatible) OS is programmed into an old PCM. Once that NVRAM area is corrupted there is nothing that can fix it except removing the flash chip and reprogramming it in a chip programmer, and is particularly common on 2001 LB7's.

The seed/key will also be messed up when the NVRAM area is corrupt. sometimes they are messed up to $0000 and $0000 or $FFFF and $FFFF. Then if you check the "Try alt keys" and assume lock is faulty then the flash process can usually get past those corrupt seed/key values. If they've been messed up to some random values then there is no easy recovery - its time to desolder the chip.

One other possibility is that there is a rogue module on the bus that is switching the VPW bus back to 1x mode which will interrupt the flash process which can cause the PCM to reboot while EFILive is still trying to send secure commands to what it thinks is the boot loader. To know which situation is more likely I'd need to see a trace file of the AutoCal flash attempt or a trace file of the V8 pass-thru attempt.

To get a trace file of the AutoCal attempt the user needs to select the AutoCal menu option "Save Trace" after the $0333 error and before powering off the AutoCal. Then use EFILive_Explorer to transfer the saved trace file to their PC and email it to EFILive.
To get a pass-thru trace file the user just needs to find the correct *.htx file in the folder: \My Documents\EFILive\V8\Trace and send it to EFILive.

Email the trace to cindy at efilive dot com

Shaner237

Jul 10, 2013
Okay I will as soon as I can thanks.

I had the truck flashes to stock at the dealer yesterday if that's helps.

Last edited: