Question: $0333

Nov 4, 2012
Harrisonville Mo
Ok so I am getting this code when I try to flash my lb7 tunes from tony not sure what all this means I know it's a holiday and all and tony is out for the day any input would be great thanks

From the error code list $0033 is

Security Access Denied ($33)

The controller has either not been successfully unlocked or has re-armed itself prior to FlashScan or AutoCal making a secure request.

When using V8 pass-thru reading and/or flashing, try selecting “Assume Lock may be Faulty” and “Try Alt Keys” and retry the operation.

Given you are receving this tune from another tuner, it is IMPORTANT that you are running the same software, firmware and bootblock as your tuner.

You will need to double check after you updated your software that you did infact update the firmware.

Did you flash new firmware into your V2...?

Did you do BBx Program All...?

Cheers
Cindy

Shaner237

Jul 10, 2013
How did you fix it, I'm having this same problem. Had my tunes for 2 weeks and haven't been able to use :/

Shaner237

Jul 10, 2013
The tunes my tuner sent me are locked, and I tried to do the things listed and they didn't work. So that leaves me wondering if It didn't work because they are locked or If something else is going on.

So what version of software(s), firmware and bootblock are you running?

What versions of software(s), firmware and bootblock is your tuner running?

Are you attempting to read or flash? With what software? V7 or V8?
What hardware are you using FlashScan V2 or AutoCal?

Cheers
Cindy

Shaner237

Jul 10, 2013
Okay so here is a screenie of my firmware and bootblock, and im going to assume my tuner is up to date on his stuff aswell, as I am completely up to date

8wmuro.jpg

Ive attempted to read and ive also attempted to flash from my autocal. I have v8 on my computer, however the only thing Ive hooked up to the truck is the autocal. Now Im new to all of this efi Live stuff, so Im not sure if Im doing anything wrong, but Ive plugged my autocal with my tunes into the OBDII port and tried to read and flash. Got the $0333 error on both attempts.

I have 2 tune files from my tuner, stock.ctz and dsp5.ctz wich are both locked. So im not sure how to get the try alt keys thing to work.

Last edited:
Given you are using AutoCal, when you upgraded your Firmware and V8 software, did you go into BBX (F5 from the V8 software menu) and select the drop down next to the red program button (at the bottom of the page) and select Program All to program your device?

If that doesn't resolve your issue, you will need to contact your tuner and talk to them about what setup they used to send you your tunes.

Cheers
Cindy

Shaner237

Jul 10, 2013
No I did not.

However when I try to do that, it says that i need to deslect some stuff to get it down to under 100%