Yup Still Hate UPS

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Check taped to door, made out to UPS for the amount written on the delivery notice. Make sure to sign the back of the note, just in case the pkg needs a signature. Driver will then leave pkg.

Notice Im not defending the company on this one? I, too think brokerage fees are a ripoff.

That would work if I knew the total cost. Buddy couldn't tell me an exact to the cent amount over the phone and said the driver would have it.:confused:

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Driver will leave a note with the amount owed on the first delivery attempt, just like a COD.

May 8, 2011
yup ups sux only way to get it cheaper is usps or set up a brokage account with them or another company one company we use anything from 0-1500$$ is $35 plus the 7% to get it across the border to the door and anthing over 1500 is 45 and 7% the fee is for doing the paper work and waiting till the end of the month to get there money back, the 7% back that they pay up front at the border for you

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
We ship almost everything USPS international priority so all fees there up front.

I find unless it needs to be there ASAP, this is the best way. USPS is no less reliable than anyone else in my experience.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Paid a $26 bill to the UPS guy when he dropped my stuff off and then got this bill in the mail last week.
FK UPS!!
b19fb7fefea5c77b8cc77fa98aa978c2.jpg

JD Dave

In way over my head
May 19, 2008
Caledon, Ontario
I only use post office. As long as it's under 70 lbs your fine. I've shipped turbos, injectors, heads and a lot of other stuff and everything has always arrived without any problems. UPS and Fedex are way to expensive.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
And again, this was for 8 injector nozzles that would fit in a letter envelope.
I was going to buy a Profab dual up pipe gasket but on Rick's site my only shipping option was UPS. $25 for the gasket, UPS wants $45 to ship. WTF?

valleyduramax

Jul 25, 2010
Ottawa ON Canada
I live just about 40mins north west of ottawa and just get anything i buy shipped to a place in Ogdensburg New York. The first time i bought anything that cost much was a set of rims from discount tire direct and instantly it cost me 200$ more for brokeage and shipping with ups. I said eff that for next time and got my passport for 125$ and just order things in groups and make a the 1.5 hour drive to pick the stuff up with my tdi jetta. I know for a fact i have saved at least 1000$ in shipping and brokeage fees and that means more parts lol. I bought the pcv reroute fittings from DHD and they we like 20$ but ended up being worth 75$ once they showed up. I coulda made 10 sets after hours at work outta scrap pieces for less than that

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Ya if I ever have to ship anything large-especially stuff with free lower 48 shipping I will get it drop shipped at Sweetgrass south of Lethbridge. It's a 5hr drive one way give or take but worth it.

ecc_33

Aug 10, 2006
Amanda, Ohio
We had a spindle shipped next day via UPS. We didn't get it until two days later because of a fog delay.....Thanks UPS:mad:

TheBac

Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
You'd rather have a plane crash? Cant do shit about the weather.

You Canucks should've figured out by now that Priority Mail is the way to ship parts into/out of Canuckistan. Sheesh.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
You'd rather have a plane crash? Cant do shit about the weather.

You Canucks should've figured out by now that Priority Mail is the way to ship parts into/out of Canuckistan. Sheesh.
Thanks tips.
Problem isn't usually our choice of shipper but vendors and shops that either don't give you the option of anything other than UPS or ship it UPS instead of what you chose or requested. Which is what happened to me on this last shipment.
For an extra $400 over what I paid for Kennametal to do the honing, my injector shop to test and swap the nozzles, and the bend over from UPS I could have just bought 60 over nozzles from exergy or someone else.
Oh well. Won't happen again.

TheBac

Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Thanks tips.
Problem isn't usually our choice of shipper but vendors and shops that either don't give you the option of anything other than UPS or ship it UPS instead of what you chose or requested. Which is what happened to me on this last shipment.
For an extra $400 over what I paid for Kennametal to do the honing, my injector shop to test and swap the nozzles, and the bend over from UPS I could have just bought 60 over nozzles from exergy or someone else.
Oh well. Won't happen again.

So thats UPS's fault? Seriously? Seems to me that the shipper NOT giving you a reasonable option due to you living in Canada is the SHIPPER'S fault. Why arent you ripping them for all you're worth? Its just far more convenient to blame the shipping company.

And that was your own fault for using those other companies and paying their higher costs for individual services than choosing the other complete option. ;)

TheBac

Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Chris, I'd be slapping your driver about now. Rule #1: you NEVER deliver something that looks like that. Geezus.

I told myself I wouldn't respond to garbage threads like these any more, but damn....you guys are unreasonable.