Wish you never built your motor?

Evan@InglewoodTrans

yerp
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 5, 2010
Western MA
:eek:
For some reason Ive been getting really pissed at my turbo lately. It has me yearning for throttle response. The big single is a blast, don't get me wrong, but I'm growing tired of it. I'm thinking of doing a lightly modded 3794/475 and being done with it.

I was always a big single fan and was going to swap out my twins for one but after daily driving my stage 2r 3794/s475 twins for awhile I would never even consider it now. The response is great and it has plenty of power potential for a daily driver. The truck is a blast to drive. For me to be satisfied with a truck isn't like me considering I have taken my built truck apart every time I finish it for years now because I'm just not happy with it and I want more. The current build is by far the most expensive and time consuming and if I'm not happy this go around I think it will be long while before it gets any attention again.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
I've tried my damndest to keep this a hobby. Thats why BBT is back to stockish and why the 1/2 ton sits in the shop all torn apart, slowly being put back together. No rush, no worries. I work on it when I have time or inclination. If it all works, great. If it doesn't, oh well. Its more fun learning, experimenting and building something than anything else for me. Now, if only I could weld......:roflmao:

CaptPhil

Sep 10, 2011
Delaware
I was always a big single fan and was going to swap out my twins for one but after daily driving my stage 2r 3794/s475 twins for awhile I would never even consider it now. The response is great and it has plenty of power potential for a daily driver. The truck is a blast to drive. For me to be satisfied with a truck isn't like me considering I have taken my built truck apart every time I finish it for years now because I'm just not happy with it and I want more. The current build is by far the most expensive and time consuming and if I'm not happy this go around I think it will be long while before it gets any attention again.
I'm actually thinking about taking white devil down a notch and going with a vvt/s400 setup at some point. especially after hearing how well harbins truck runs. I would like something that spools a little quicker with a little less smoke. course I need a bunch of stuff before that happens.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Evan@InglewoodTrans

yerp
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 5, 2010
Western MA
I've tried my damndest to keep this a hobby. Thats why BBT is back to stockish and why the 1/2 ton sits in the shop all torn apart, slowly being put back together. No rush, no worries. I work on it when I have time or inclination. If it all works, great. If it doesn't, oh well. Its more fun learning, experimenting and building something than anything else for me. Now, if only I could weld......:roflmao:

You cab weld just fine you just haven't learned how yet. That's an easy thing to change.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
You cab weld just fine you just haven't learned how yet. That's an easy thing to change.

Yup! Seriously Tom, it's just a hot glue gun. A "nice looking weld" comes with time but you can still make a very strong weld that doesn't look like a roll of coins. Quit being an stubborn ass and call me when you go get a buzz box :D. I can walk you through damn near all you need on setup and how to weld tips. In a half a day you will be welding pretty damn good