Why no blowoff valves?

B00STJUNKY

"The Fuel Whore"
Apr 18, 2011
Tide Country, Alabama
You mind posting a few close up pics of the valve, and how/where the copper tubing is run? And of course the finished welds on the piping:thumb:

That's BA man. I can't wait to do this!

Timmay208

FNG
Jul 22, 2011
UT

ok? that link is to a normal BOV.

I fully understand how a bov works, had them on all my turbocharged cars, i was just trying to figure out the reasoning to hooking up a check valve and another line to a boost source

My understanding with the diesel is if you have a light spring drive pressure will keep it closed when you are boosting and when you let off boost pressure opens the bov due to being higher than the drive pressure

Timmay208

FNG
Jul 22, 2011
UT
i was thinking just a normal pcv valve, but im trying to figure out the reasoning behind the check valve

delong_1

<< my work
Dec 5, 2008
Arvada, CO
We have installed a few and the major issue we have with them is that they had a tendency of blowing open under high boost

Timmay208

FNG
Jul 22, 2011
UT
thats how all bovs work, the synapse is no different than tial, greddy etc. just another brand. In gas cars the positive manifold pressure is what keeps them closed

delong, how much boost are you seeing when they stop holding? My truck has stock turbo so i doubt ill have that issue

Timmay208

FNG
Jul 22, 2011
UT
Most bovs have different springs to change for different boost pressures. Ive seen Tials hold 80lbs of boost
I had tial on my mitsu and held just find at 30, have buddies that have ran 40-50 on them

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
Can't remember if the tials were piston or diaphram. but the greddys and any cheapo ones are diaphram. This is supposedly good for 100psi and more. I have bought cheap knockoffs when i was into saab performance in high school, I have a synapse gate on my truck, its top notch...I expect the same from this

bml2200

Oct 16, 2008
IL
They sound good but I made ice 650hp not giving a f*** if you do then you're gay. Also if you backdown from someone, kicktheshitoutta them they all care. No ****s given

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
I have done a few BOV's now with turbo kits , a few things to save you guys some trouble , first always install the BOV in the passenger side IC tube , if you install it pre IC they will fail from the heat , second they can leak past on high boost apps if thats the case a stiffer spring or more shims will be needed but no guarantees, I wouldnt put one a comp truck for this reason , especially unless you do a lot of burn outs or just like the sound there not really even needed , i have always used the BD kit because it come with everything nec to install it but it is spendy .

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
I have done a few BOV's now with turbo kits , a few things to save you guys some trouble , first always install the BOV in the passenger side IC tube , if you install it pre IC they will fail from the heat , second they can leak past on high boost apps if thats the case a stiffer spring or more shims will be needed but no guarantees, I wouldnt put one a comp truck for this reason , especially unless you do a lot of burn outs or just like the sound there not really even needed , i have always used the BD kit because it come with everything nec to install it but it is spendy .

So you haven't tried a synchronic BOV yet Trent? I dont mind being a guinnea pig i guess, if it saves me from going through this again

catmenace

Jul 31, 2010
I don't use my truck in any comps but the BD BOV sure releases pressure if you let off the throttle quickly. I know it is not something you actually require but for me, nice to have.