Why no blowoff valves?

Dirtymaxx03

Aug 4, 2009
Hey guys we could all just buy one off this guy for $200 http://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/sale-section/109057-fs-blow-off-valve-setup.html :roflmao: notice how the dates correspond, wonder where he got the idea?

http://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/g...2-gonna-put-together-bov-setup-weekend-4.html some more interesting reading...i especially like post #7 and how he never give a shoutout to chevyburnout for the idea....

http://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/sale-section/109057-fs-blow-off-valve-setup.html
post #13
open your eyes before you bad mouth someone:thumb:

chevyburnout1

Fixing it till it breaks
Aug 25, 2008
Berthoud, CO
Truthfully more power to whomever wants to tackle this, profit or not. I don't have enough privleges to view one of the sections over there. They'll have to spend a lot of time to dial in everything. And to have it be a 'bolt on' kit is going to be even tougher. It took me a decent amount of trial and error before it worked well enough to make me happy. I've already answered a decent amount of PM's trying to help everyone make this work and I'm glad I could.

fctry286

WhisperMax
Jul 30, 2010
San Diego.
just finished mine today. it is a piston type.
IMAG0273.jpg
[/IMG]
IMAG0272.jpg
[/IMG]

fctry286

WhisperMax
Jul 30, 2010
San Diego.
It is hooked into the manifold for drive pressure. Was working great when i was testing it up and down the street. but when i get on the highway cruising the valve would creep open at about 5psi. so i threw a soft spring in there to see what happens. All I did was weld the flange to a piece of 2.5 pipe, that way i didn't mess up my boost tube. Damn this thing is loud. lol

fctry286

WhisperMax
Jul 30, 2010
San Diego.
Oh also i ran into trouble with the right size tubing for the drive pressure. At first I used 1/8in copper tube, found out that was too small. So I bumped up to 1/4in copper tube. I am also working on complete kits for us diesel guys. adapter tub, boots, clamps, BOV, fittings and tubing. trying make an easy install kit for cheap. this one only took me about 30min to install and start fine tuning.

Subman

Old Geezer
Jun 27, 2008
Madras, OR, Pahrump NV
HMMM interesting thread, I've never once barked a turbo on any of my trucks but I don't do burnouts and have always ran compound setups. Drive pressure and boost pretty close to the same but I have never just eased off the throttle at the end of the track either, have alway got off quick and hit the brakes. Towed White Out to Sacramento with a fummins that barked badly even on the shift. Turbo housing way the hell off from what was needed, was annoying as hell.:mad:

chevyburnout1

Fixing it till it breaks
Aug 25, 2008
Berthoud, CO
I don't bark my turbo on purpose but people cut me off, idiot friends drive the truck when I'm drunk, the snow gets deep here, pretty girls make me show off,etc etc...

super diesel

<<<< Under Pressure
This one in the pick on my truck is still going strong (60K+ later and mounted where it is). Mine is voltage activated through the throttle and a spool valve though and is set up to start blow-off at around 3psi or so now (very alarming at 50 psi ). After the last few years of testing on a different truck (on the exhaust drive pressure set up), I found the soot build up was pretty high on top of the blow-off valve. A good cleaning every 6-12 months (depending on driving style and amount) was in order.

PAT

EASY DAY
Aug 21, 2011
your back yard
Haha I know a few girls.... They are the types who only like you if your truck is the loudest, most noisy thing on the road!

damn... i should be getting laid everyday then. :spit:
my truck is stupid loud. i also have a stack so its loud as fack in the cab also. :mad:
gosh i need to get rid of that thing.

chevyburnout1

Fixing it till it breaks
Aug 25, 2008
Berthoud, CO
damn... i should be getting laid everyday then. :spit:
my truck is stupid loud. i also have a stack so its loud as fack in the cab also. :mad:
gosh i need to get rid of that thing.

I did say I knew some girls like that, however I never said they were the prettiest thing out there :roflmao:

chevyburnout1

Fixing it till it breaks
Aug 25, 2008
Berthoud, CO
... After the last few years of testing on a different truck (on the exhaust drive pressure set up), I found the soot build up was pretty high on top of the blow-off valve. A good cleaning every 6-12 months (depending on driving style and amount) was in order.

Same issue I have with mine. I believe a decent filter will help substantially but too big of a filter could cause a longer delay and re-tuning needed for the valve to work efficiently. So I just clean mine about every six months.

beenDmax

Nov 8, 2011
Ok so i installed a greddy type S BOV on my LB7 after watching chevyburnout1's video on youtube. i followed your diagram exactly, however, when it blows off, the piston inside of the blow off valve makes a fluttering sound. and i know its not compressor surge. Any idea why it might be doing this? I've been tuning on it for 8 hours straight and can't seem to find a solution.

Dirtymaxx03

Aug 4, 2009
Ok so i installed a greddy type S BOV on my LB7 after watching chevyburnout1's video on youtube. i followed your diagram exactly, however, when it blows off, the piston inside of the blow off valve makes a fluttering sound. and i know its not compressor surge. Any idea why it might be doing this? I've been tuning on it for 8 hours straight and can't seem to find a solution.

sounds like the spring in it may be a tad too strong.

beenDmax

Nov 8, 2011
see, thats what i thought, but i have cut springs down to smaller sizes, and even completely removed the spring. with the spring removed, it just flutters constantly when getting up to speed