LBZ: White smoke truck Issue

Atouchofgrass

Jun 19, 2010
CT
Ah true, the temps have been going up down up down and getting cold with rain.. So you may have a point but idk if that would give him white smoke from the pcv reroute..?

kurtfromct

Oct 7, 2010
CT
What kind of temps are you having in your area? Could it be condensation from the cold? Just wondering since it seems to kind of fog up the lens on your camera.

it was probly 70 degrees and thats after i was driving around (truck was warmed up). last sunday when i stopped over at a commuter lot after driving a few miles from my house there was definitely more smoke then the video. ill keep my camera with me and take a video if it smokes a lot again.

HogAssWild

Nov 12, 2009
I have seen alittle smoke come out of my oil fill but not like that 7.3 only time mine was smoking like the 7.3 is when I cracked my piston but your not getting any other sings of it being that with yours.

What power level where u running when she cracked? Single or twins and was it robs tuning...

LarryJewell

Back with his honey :)
Jan 21, 2007
San Angelo
are you sure its not tune related, several years ago I had a tune on my dsp switch that would pour white smoke out the tailpipe, move the switch to another position and it quit. If you have changed your tune lately you might put it back to an earlier tune that wasnt smoking to see if anything changes........................you also might dump a little 2stoke oil in the fuel tank and see if that helps

geareater

Jul 17, 2014
I know I'm reviving an old thread here, but I'm having a very similar issue with my truck right now. Mods are as follows: egr delete, egr delete tube, ppe up-pipes and headers, PVC reroute, IAH delete. Stock tune, besides my buddy with HPTuners disabling the egr. He meant to disable the IAH circuit, but only turned the CEL indicator off. My edge insight shows a P0540 code constantly. Video below.

http://youtu.be/ixh1Re4Fpm8