Where were you?

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
I was taking some classes at the local junior college. I didn't have to be at school until a little after noon. I got up and turned on the TV. The news was on and was showing the first tower not long after it got hit. While I was watching, I saw the second plane hit. I watched for a while until I had to go to class. When I got there, all we did was talk about what happened. It was very surreal.

chevyburnout1

Fixing it till it breaks
Aug 25, 2008
Berthoud, CO
I was sitting in Mrs Wade's English class my freshman year in high school. At first rumor was that it was a tiny prop plane that had hit the building on accident. But then Mrs Wade came in and turned on the tv. First time we never worked in her class. Was such a sad uneasy feeling.

DMAXfirefighter

Not such a FNG
May 9, 2012
West-Central Indiana
I was in Ms. Crowder's foods class my senior year. We hadn't heard anything about it until one of my classmates who had a dentist appointment that morning came in and said a plane had hit one of the towers. They announced over the intercom what was happening and we all turned on the tvs in the classrooms. We watched as the second tower was hit. Everyone sat in silence for the rest of the class, as we watched the towers fall. I left that class and went to work, nothing was happening anywhere in town. We had tvs on, the radio was blaring away with all the news coverage. That night I went home and filled out my Selective Service paperwork. Two and a half years later I joined my local fire department because of what happened that day. Tragic day to say the least, and I know I will never forget. We lost a lot of bretheren that day

To all those out there who are serving, have served, and those to come, you cannot be thanked enough. Thank you to each and every one. WE WILL NEVER FORGET 9-11-2001

ChevyTruck

Boats an Hoes!
Oct 19, 2011
Newark, De
I was in History class, Mr. Walker(best school teacher I've ever had), in my Junior yeah of high school, we got a announcement to turn all the TV's on in the class room to channel 6, local news station. I just remember how quite it was through the whole school and going to our next period. Then later that day I got out early my sister came and got me out of school and we went to my moms work to be with her. At the time I don't think I understood the severity of the events that just happened. It never really sank in until a few days later watching the news and reading the Time magizens.

jrkrace

May 4, 2008
Connecticut
I was watching TV with my son and wife while holding my 10 mo.old daughter thinking that an errant plane hit the tower. When the second plane hit, my wife gasped and I sat there trying to take it all in. I was sailing in on a cruise ship up the Hudson the day before and remarked at how big those buildings were from the deck. I couldn't believe they were gone. I was in a surreal fog until my son, who was 5 at the time asked me why the building was smoking like that. Talk about innocence....

On a brighter note, Happy Birthday Tom...

blkdmax04

loud pipes save lives
Sep 7, 2010
The Desert
Was in cave creek az delivering hay ..was crazy was listening to it on the radio
A BIG thanks to all our armed forces

D-MAX Mafia

Hood down, smoke up!
Nov 4, 2009
Phoenix
Senior year in high school. I played hooky from school that day, laying around watching a movie. My Aunt called the house to talk to my Mom about what just happened. I had no idea so I turned on the news and bam the second plane had just hit. I remember thinking that there was no way that just happened...

Thanks to the men and women that have served and are serving today! I am very proud of this country and our military.

leehype

Drunk with a Jeep problem
Aug 16, 2012
I was a senior in high school. They made an announcement after the first plane hit. Every class after that had a radio tuned to listen to the news. I got home from school 2 minutes before they showed the towers fall on the TV news.

crazycrew

Let's Start A Riot
Oct 3, 2009
S. Louisiana
I was off that day (shift work). I had just pulled my truck into the garage to put the final bling bling on it! Heard it in the radio! Couldn't believe this would ever happen to the USA.

This makes me realize how old I am. Most of you guys were in high school!

diesel53

Sep 16, 2010
AZ
It was my first week of high school as well.

I now work for the government, someone that worked in my position was actually in the Pentagon that day and never left. Very sad

rickettzusaf

Nov 30, 2011
Goldsboro, NC
I was in 8th grade Algebra 1 class. Just got to school and was watching it on the TV.
Because of that day, I am in the Air Force and I build bombs for our fighter jets and am currently in the desert. Puts a smile on my face everytime they come back empty. Makes my job purposeful. :thumb:

LWATSON

future trans limpers
Jul 30, 2008
Scotland Neck NC
I feel like an old man, I was 31. I was building a cat walk in the top of a peanut wharehouse. My wife called right after the first plane struck. It was one of the longest days of my life, I was somewhat isolated from the general public, 100 feet in the air, and had a job to do and didnt get anymore info until I got home around 7 pm that night.

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
I was in 6th grade, just got to class and teachers rolled int e box TV and let us watch untill tower 2 fell. Like evertybody else, I remember it like it was yesterday. Weird how one such event can do that :(

Also, the guy I work with at work lived in NYC at that time, worked for Morgan Stanley(big firm in WTC), and was on the 25th floor of tower 2. He luckily got out, and moved from NYC to AZ in 2002 and because a mechanic. The stories he told me were unreal, he said when their plane hit his building, the whoile building moaned and you could hear the steel supports flexing some 60 floors up. Was still pretty emotional for him, the last thing he said was that he left his wife in NYC as she worked in tower 1... Made him and myself tear up, IDK how one could live with that. :eek:

blkdmax04

loud pipes save lives
Sep 7, 2010
The Desert
I was in 6th grade, just got to class and teachers rolled int e box TV and let us watch untill tower 2 fell. Like evertybody else, I remember it like it was yesterday. Weird how one such event can do that :(

Also, the guy I work with at work lived in NYC at that time, worked for Morgan Stanley(big firm in WTC), and was on the 25th floor of tower 2. He luckily got out, and moved from NYC to AZ in 2002 and because a mechanic. The stories he told me were unreal, he said when their plane hit his building, the whoile building moaned and you could hear the steel supports flexing some 60 floors up. Was still pretty emotional for him, the last thing he said was that he left his wife in NYC as she worked in tower 1... Made him and myself tear up, IDK how one could live with that. :eek:

Thats rough man

BigDMax05

Peanut butter and ladies!
Feb 2, 2009
Indiana
I was in 8th grade Algebra 1 class. Just got to school and was watching it on the TV.
Because of that day, I am in the Air Force and I build bombs for our fighter jets and am currently in the desert. Puts a smile on my face everytime they come back empty. Makes my job purposeful. :thumb:

AMMO- IYAYAS! Got a buddy who served in England!

Operator1

Nov 20, 2009
NC

Wow...

I was painting a lowboy trailer in my back yard. I walked inside for a drink and it was on tv. I watched for a minute trying to figure out what happened, and then the second plane hit and the towers fell. It's amazing looking back, how life hasn't been the same since that moment.

Last edited: