Where were you?

red1977

Nov 15, 2010
Ogden Utah
I was at work driving double belly dump. My ex called me and said a plane just crashed into the towers. I turned the news on and listen all day. It was hard to be driving and hear all that was going on. It was a really sad day. Bless all the people that lost their lifes. Thank you to all the people that serve or have served, You guys are true hero's.

Janimal444

Jun 25, 2012
Salem, NH
Just started my first day of high school at Boston College High School. My first day ever at a new school and they scrambled 2 F-16s right over our campus. Felt like the windows were going to blow out. About and hour later we heard what had happened via a P/A announcement.

BC High, Did you know Nick Cunningham? Played hockey there, was my roomate at Wentworth. Sorry to go off topic.

TROJAN366

Gold Rush
Jan 13, 2012
MASS
BC High, Did you know Nick Cunningham? Played hockey there, was my roomate at Wentworth. Sorry to go off topic.

Sounds a little familiar. I graduated high school in 05 but my brother was class of 11 there. I have a few friends that just graduated Wentworth as well. What year are you?

Janimal444

Jun 25, 2012
Salem, NH
Sounds a little familiar. I graduated high school in 05 but my brother was class of 11 there. I have a few friends that just graduated Wentworth as well. What year are you?

I graduated Wentworth '09, Mechanical Engineering. You going to McCray's this weekend?

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Delivering the first stop on my route. Watched the second plane hit on TV while there. The rest of the day, everyone was glued to their TVs, and I gathered news as I worked. It would be an understatement to call it a very sad day. My birthday, I knew then what people born on Dec 7th felt like in 1941.

It was very strange not to hear any planes overhead during the day, too.

Last edited:

henery97

Apr 4, 2011
Nebraska
I was in the first grade. Remember watching one of the towers fall in the library with the rest of my class. Crazy to think that my class (seniors) are some of the last kids that will remember 9/11

jraymer

<--Tree Hugger
Oct 31, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
I was 19, getting ready to pack my truck to leave my grandparents house in Minnesota to head to Vegas, watched it on tv and saw the second plane hit. Blew me away, total shock.

wrcknkrw

Feb 21, 2008
roy ut
I had just woke up to get ready for work right after the first plane hit. Watched the second plane hit on the news right before i left. My coworkers and I were glued to a tv all day long. I remember it like it just happened.

DBUSHLB7

Team DMAX
Mar 9, 2012
Albuquerque, NM
I was a senior in high school and was ahead on credits so I had late arrival to school. Woke up came out of my bedroom to see my parents dead still in front of the TV staring at that horrible image. Stared in disbelief as live TV showed the 2nd plane hit. Got to school, every TV was on in every classroom. Teachers didn't bother with class work for the next two weeks. In every class we just had discussions about it. Will the world get worse before it gets better?

rmallen30

Aug 12, 2009
hillsboro ohio
was in 10th grade history class came on the intercom and said what had happened and turned on the tv and and got that chill and goosebump feeling.

MadMaxx61

Devilmaxx
Oct 13, 2008
Windsor, Ont, Canada
I was on my spare ( no class ) but was out playing with the girls gym class. When the teacher came running out to the football field. I thought she was coming to tell me to leave. But she did not even care I was there just that we need to get inside to see the news.

Was a sad day.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
I had just left the house going to work and turned on my jazz station and it sounded like the dj was reciting some story out of a book. I wondered WTF? After a few minutes I understood and called my wife. I told her the trade towers were coming down and she asked if this was some kind of joke. I said no and told her to turn the tv on. After I came home that evening I turn the tv on as I had not seen any pictures and I watched the scenes over and over in disbelief. I could not fathom that this could happen here in the US.

yellowchevy

Sep 9, 2010
Louisburg, KS for now
I was a junior in hight sitting at my neighbors machine shop before driving to school.
I didn't know what to think and couldn't comprehend it. Middle of now where ND; terrorism didn't really seem real.

Thanks to all that have served to keep this country safe.
God bless those that lost their lives.
:patriot:

Yellowchevy

Tank222

Feb 17, 2010
Frederick,MD
I was in 10th grade in new's class. Where we made the videos for every mornings news at the school, and got to watch it all unfold.

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
Work listening to the radio everyone was kind of freaking out wondering what was next. Hard to explain the magnitude of what happened until seeing it on the TV then it was WOW ! :(

BackNBlackTJ

Ahhh, yeah... about that!
Dec 22, 2009
Arid-zona
I was active duty Navy, teaching heavy caliber guns and VBSS tactics, I had just stopped to get my morning coffee at the 7/11 in SpringValley, Ca. on my way to work at the 32nd Street Naval Station San Diego, it was still a little dark out and a slight chill hung in the marine layer, I had heard on the Jeep radio that a plane had hit the towers and I remembered the story about the bomber that struck the Empire State building in the 50's due to bad weather. I figured that a small plane had just got off coarse in fog or something, I remember thinking, "gee, I hope everyone will be ok..."

Not sure if I paid for the coffee or not because I had just started filling my cup when the TV that the clerk had tuned into the news behind the counter, showed the 2nd plane hit and a moment later my pager (yes a pager) went off... I honestly don't remember if I paid him or not because after that shit became a blur...

Upon arriving at my duty station at Fleet Training Center SD, we took a quick muster of all personel and got our assignments, I remember scrambling around the gun school looking for a TV so that we could get the news on for updates (pretty sad, but the fastest way to get intel was to watch TV), 1 hour later I was manning a 60 in a sandbag pit at the south gate. All of my students that lived on base, went into barracks restriction, those that lived off base were on 24hr notice for recall. Spent the next week on base wondering "what the fawk just happened" either on armed perimeter watch or in the barracks watching CNN with my students.

Surreal couple of months, even Christmas was muted and a little weird, had a call up/deployment looming over my head for a longtime...