Where were you?

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
11 years ago today?

For all those past and present military, Thank You for your service. My dad was in for 28 years, and mom was air force nurse for 13, and borther was in Army for 4.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
At home in bed and woke up to a tragedy!
A day to never get those who lost their lives!

tinman22

Feb 17, 2007
Stillwater NJ
I was in newark just across the river working at umdnj hospital ( construction) the job super was on the roof and saw the first plane hit. so the "rumor" at that point started spreading through the job. the company I worked for took break around 9 15 and we started hearing it all on the radio. super closed the job and sent everyone home. I was on my motorcycle that day. as I was gettign on the highway ramp to head towards home there were cars parked all over the ramp. I looked left and thats when I was able to see the smoke and fire. then a few seconds after I stopped I watched the first tower collapse. after I gathered myself from the shock of what was happening I continued on my way and watched the news the rest of the day with my family.

Janimal444

Jun 25, 2012
Salem, NH
I was in class my Fresh. year of high school!! Remember it like yesterday though:(. Thanks to all that served, serve now, and will serve.

ctrump90

ctrump90
Jan 11, 2012
Clare, IL
I was in sixth grade... they sent us all home early no one knew why until we got home. Was a sad tragic day. But one of the bastards responsible is dead so that is a small hope. But a tragic day none the less... thanks to all who serve and protect us everyday.

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
I was in my freshman year (high school) physics class. I remember he was a few minutes late to class (we didnt know why), so I joked around "HEY MR. ALLEN YOU'RE LATE!! Im gonna have to write you up!!!!!" but he didnt say anything...he just walked over to the TV and turned it on to the news and sat down at his desk, and we all watched the first/second towers collapse.

coker6303

Keep Calm and Chive On!!
Aug 6, 2009
Houston, TX
I was a sophomore in high school sitting in a computer programming class. We watched the news on the internet and TV's in other classrooms the rest of the day. definitely a shocking moment and turning point in history.

catman3126

Ehhh?.... You don't say?
Jul 24, 2012
NE Oregon
I was on a service call out at Hanford Nuclear site and at 10am they sent the whole place home and it took 3 hours to go 18 miles back into town because of the traffic. It seem surreal that it was all happening, and it also seem like it was just yesterday too.

baggedLB7

Goer
May 1, 2011
Utah
I was working and the boss came out and told everyone to get in the break room and see what was going down. The first plane had already hit and the building was on fire and we all thought that a plane had gone off course and hit on accident and as we watched here comes another plane and hits and then it got real. We watched the towers fall and I remeber being sick.

gr8shot

Practically stock
Apr 28, 2009
Grand Island, NE
I was at home eating a bowl of cereal when the first plane hit. Was in school in my American history class (sophomore year) when the towers collapsed. None of us could comprehend what had happened at the time. The whole idea of terrorism didn't really exist in Nebraska so we couldn't figure out who would do such a thing and why.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk 2

JMK777

16's, but i keep em clean
Mar 20, 2008
Moss Beach
I was getting ready for work when i seen it on the news.I was late that day and when i got to work no one had heard about it . I won't forget.
Thanks to all our Military !

Texas Chevy

Feb 14, 2011
Vista, Ca
Junior year sitting in a culinary class watching it live on tv. Thoughts and prayers to families that lost someone in this tragedy and also for those who have gone forth since and lost their lives and fighting for our freedom. SEMPER if.

TROJAN366

Gold Rush
Jan 13, 2012
MASS
Just started my first day of high school at Boston College High School. My first day ever at a new school and they scrambled 2 F-16s right over our campus. Felt like the windows were going to blow out. About and hour later we heard what had happened via a P/A announcement.

countrycorey

Trust Me I'm an Engineer
Jan 30, 2010
LA
I was a senior in high school, I was on a field trip and we were taken into a briefing room and briefed on the current situation and then shown the news.

millerman04

< The Man Cave
Jul 14, 2010
Clearville, Pa
I too was in high school. 9th of 10th grade at the time. Drivers ed i believe. After watching that, we all kinda figured that the plane that was taken down in Somerset Pa flew over our school, or was very close. Somerset isnt very far away from here. Some people have said they felt the ground shake while they was at home, but i dont know bout all that. Definately left alot of us at the time wondering if the military was going to do a draft for man-power.

BigDMax05

Peanut butter and ladies!
Feb 2, 2009
Indiana
Ontario Canada, vacation fishing with my dad and grandpa. Didn't know anything had happened until thursday which was 2 days after it happened.