Where to have your injectors rebuilt?

SofaKing

Jul 20, 2015
Wisconsin
I'm looking for a place to rebuild my injectors. Mine have been done three years ago with all eight DT97729095R. Since reading about the GM remans not being done by Bosch anymore. I've found some places on line that a guy can get your injectors rebuilt like realdiesel.com and a few services off eBay.

Has anyone had experience with some of these places or know of a place that does a good job at a reasonable price?

SofaKing

Jul 20, 2015
Wisconsin
I would consider it if money was flowing from the heavens but $1,760 for injectors before tax and shipping is out of budget. After reading that I'll need new injector lines, gasket kit, & lift pump would be good too. I'm trying not to break the bank with having payments on the truck already and just paying off the tires I put on this last fall.

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
If you cheap out now you absolutely will regret it.

Why do you need to replace the injector lines? You should be able to clean them up. I used CLR and let them soak overnight.

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
If you can't afford to do it right, then how do you expect to be able to afford to do it over again?

Don't cut corners on injectors!

I don't see why you would need new lines. As long as you don't damage them removing them they should be fine to reuse. Just clean them up really good.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

02greysixer

Jun 4, 2011
North Central FL
I've lost count of how many eBay and non Bosch injector jobs I've had to redo with Bosch remans. You will do it twice and I highly doubt you'll get any money back from the company selling the cheap ones. So you'll be out close to $3000 for an $1800 set of injectors

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
I would consider it if money was flowing from the heavens but $1,760 for injectors before tax and shipping is out of budget. After reading that I'll need new injector lines, gasket kit, & lift pump would be good too. I'm trying not to break the bank with having payments on the truck already and just paying off the tires I put on this last fall.

you'll damn near pay that much having all 8 properly rebuilt and tested by a good tech in the proper environment using adequate equipment...you might be 300 cheaper to have them rebuilt by Slim Shady vs buying Bosch remans from a reputable vendor like LDS...might

SofaKing

Jul 20, 2015
Wisconsin
Gotcha on going cheap. The reason I bought this truck was because the injectors were already done in 2013 by a local Tractor/ AG shop near the previous owners house in South Dakota. I was trying to avoid this major expense. I guess most other guys on this site make big money. :thumb: Silly question if these injectors are a roll of the dice on longevity would it in the long run make sense to swap the heads over to lly and run those?

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
There's a chance the guy that did them in 2013 used cheap injectors or did a bad job putting them in and got contamination.

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
You could swap to an lly topend but it's going to be more than the price of 8 reman lb7 injectors...

As stated above the injectors used in 13' could have been cheapos or contaminated on install.

Why do you think you need injectors? What are you symptoms?

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
I expect things to last like a Chevy Silverado should. ;)
well technically, Injectors ARE replacement parts...:rolleyes:
and technically your Chevy Silverado has an Isuzu heart
but if it means that much to ya and you have an expectation of longevity and quality out of it, I'd think you'd go to the extent of making sure the single most important part to the engine actually running well and for a long time, is held up to the same standard you expect...

And the newest LB7 is 13 years old
I'd say for the 1st gen run of a new platform and engine/trans, it's holding up to its legacy just fine:thumb:

Last edited:

Rodwerx

Apr 27, 2015
Texas
SofaKing
I am here to tell you that the last thing you want to do is buy a set of refurbished injectors.
Because I did it last April. My truck ran fantastic for about 2 1/2 to 3 months then the #7 injector started knocking.

No problem, I've got a one year warranty.
So I find out I have to buy a replacement injector to exchange my bad one. Then they have to test it. If they decide it's bad because of them, they will give me a refund.

I just replaced the #8 injector for knocking.

And guess what day after I finished the #8 it ran and sounded perfect for 4 hours now #3 injector is knocking.

I really like/love my 03 Silverado but the LB7 is not the funniest truck to swap injectors on.

Adjust those valves while you have it opened.

Also, the Bosch Remanufactured injectors are completely new minus the injector body.
The internals are updated for ULSD (no sulfur diesel).

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

SofaKing

Jul 20, 2015
Wisconsin
SofaKing
I am here to tell you that the last thing you want to do is buy a set of refurbished injectors.
Because I did it last April. My truck ran fantastic for about 2 1/2 to 3 months then the #7 injector started knocking.

No problem, I've got a one year warranty.
So I find out I have to buy a replacement injector to exchange my bad one. Then they have to test it. If they decide it's bad because of them, they will give me a refund.

I just replaced the #8 injector for knocking.

And guess what day after I finished the #8 it ran and sounded perfect for 4 hours now #3 injector is knocking.

I really like/love my 03 Silverado but the LB7 is not the funniest truck to swap injectors on.

Adjust those valves while you have it opened.

Also, the Bosch Remanufactured injectors are completely new minus the injector body.
The internals are updated for ULSD (no sulfur diesel).

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Guess that I'll have to bite the bullet and get the remans. I might have the cash together by the end of summer to put it back on the road.

Thanks

Brent@LDS

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 23, 2011
Wisconsin
I'm looking for a place to rebuild my injectors. Mine have been done three years ago with all eight DT97729095R. Since reading about the GM remans not being done by Bosch anymore. I've found some places on line that a guy can get your injectors rebuilt like realdiesel.com and a few services off eBay.

Has anyone had experience with some of these places or know of a place that does a good job at a reasonable price?

I would highly recommend sticking with an OEM Bosch injector! Injectors are something that you don't want to cut corners on. Also just to let you know that GM is still using Bosch for there injectors! Let us know if we can help!

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
@sofa- You say "bite the bullet" on quality remans, but I never saw you post how much you think gettin a full set of 8 refurbished was gonna cost ya? I know for a fact there's not really a savings...and if you can get a set of remans for $1800 I'd almost expect the remans to be cheaper...

I think a rebuild kit is something like $500
gettin the injectors cleaned pre, and tested post rebuild is $700
and a cheap shop would be minimum of $75 ea x8 to rebuild

hmmm

that is $1800-
what did LDS have Bosch remans selling for???
didn't you say it was about $1800, right...
yeah