Where to have your injectors rebuilt?

Brent@LDS

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 23, 2011
Wisconsin
@sofa- You say "bite the bullet" on quality remans, but I never saw you post how much you think gettin a full set of 8 refurbished was gonna cost ya? I know for a fact there's not really a savings...and if you can get a set of remans for $1800 I'd almost expect the remans to be cheaper...

I think a rebuild kit is something like $500
gettin the injectors cleaned pre, and tested post rebuild is $700
and a cheap shop would be minimum of $75 ea x8 to rebuild

hmmm

that is $1800-
what did LDS have Bosch remans selling for???
didn't you say it was about $1800, right...
yeah

$1699 for a set of OEM Bosch Injectors here at LDS!

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
lol
Even cheaper

I'm a simple and uneducated man, but this is what we in the construction trade call "a no brainer"

c20elephant

C20ELEPHANT
Apr 25, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
I would consider it if money was flowing from the heavens but $1,760 for injectors before tax and shipping is out of budget. After reading that I'll need new injector lines, gasket kit, & lift pump would be good too. I'm trying not to break the bank with having payments on the truck already and just paying off the tires I put on this last fall.

Number one reason for buying a gasser, minimum repair anywhere near the engine or transmission on these trucks is about $500.00.....

pgr11

Sep 8, 2014
Hesperia, CA
I would highly recommend sticking with an OEM Bosch injector! Injectors are something that you don't want to cut corners on. Also just to let you know that GM is still using Bosch for there injectors! Let us know if we can help!
Buy the injectors from this man. I know from experience that he will treat you right.

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
I would highly recommend sticking with an OEM Bosch injector! Injectors are something that you don't want to cut corners on. Also just to let you know that GM is still using Bosch for there injectors! Let us know if we can help!

Without a doubt worth the little extra $. You guys are the best to deal with. And have the best deals.

PS, Brent you have a package full of cores coming back from me :thumb:

Brent@LDS

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 23, 2011
Wisconsin
Without a doubt worth the little extra $. You guys are the best to deal with. And have the best deals.

PS, Brent you have a package full of cores coming back from me :thumb:

Perfect! We will get you refunded the same day! Thanks again for the business.

new york lly

I really do care!!
Feb 8, 2014
Buffalo NY
Buy the injectors from this man. I know from experience that he will treat you right.

^^^^^^^ this right here! Had the pleasure of dealing w/Brent this past summer,the more I bought the better the deal!! Great customer relations B4,during & after the sale...really comforting to the diesel novice

Bustedknuckles

Honey Badger
Sep 25, 2010
Hagerstown MD
As others have said buy from LDS. I've never had to replace lines fwiw. I had one real nasty set i had to sandblast the ends on but they sealed fine!

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
Personally I just use new lines it's best and then put some clear silicone to seal the injector line at the injector stops contamination and are not going to last better.

Every lb7 injector job I do I use new lines

That's just unnecessary, I soaked mine in CLR overnight and they literally looked brand new with not a speck of rust or scale on them.