When applying for a job:

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
Please have somebody proofread your resume.

I just received a resume that described the applicant's "Calcifications". Does he have bone spurs, or just hard water in his plumbing?

It's a Quality Control job opening, so that's an instant fail.

For those in Rio Linda, that's Qualifications.

LBZrcks

Jun 2, 2007
SoCal
Please have somebody proofread your resume.

I just received a resume that described the applicant's "Calcifications". Does he have bone spurs, or just hard water in his plumbing?

It's a Quality Control job opening, so that's an instant fail.

For those in Rio Linda, that's Qualifications.

:roflmao:

LindsayH

Mar 5, 2014
California, USA
If you are unemployed, underemployed or miserably employed and want something better, tune up your resume. Don't include any of the popular resume blunders. There are a lot of things to be consider in creating a CV. That is a fact. Here's how you can clean up resume warning flags today. You have to keep in mind who the target reader is. Don't put strange hobbies or interest on your resume. You have to realize the difference between useful information from too much information. Additionally, use an e-mail address that is professional to put on your resume. Learn even more here.

gmduramax

Shits broke
Jun 12, 2008
Nor cal
This was handed to me
typavyry.jpg

PhilsLB7

Way Better Than Facebook
Jun 29, 2009
Tennessee
My wife told me last night that a girl she knows posted on Facebook she was going to a Community Collage in the fall. And no I did not misspell college.

Pure Diesel

Apr 22, 2008
Ventura County
My neighbor is a detective for a state college. He says they get applications in all the time from people with degree's and then some. Same thing, they can't spell. Its called "spell check" people.
Here is a good one for people today. Tell them to find a word in the dictionary and you'll be amazed at how many can't find the word.

SwitchBack

Sep 8, 2012
Vermont
My neighbor is a detective for a state college. He says they get applications in all the time from people with degree's and then some. Same thing, they can't spell. Its called "spell check" people.
Here is a good one for people today. Tell them to find a word in the dictionary and you'll be amazed at how many can't find the word.

That's genius. I may do that when people are annoying me now.

Aaron@LDS

Goin' Broke!
Vendor/Sponsor
Jan 19, 2013
Saint Johnsville, NY
I am a Carpenter by trade, and I get people asking for work all the time. But what really gets to me is when they proceed to advise me on HOW TO do my job. I think it's their way of saying that they have experience, but it drives me up the wall. The last guy that did that to me learned carpentry in State Prison. I was painting a 6 panel interior door with a brush, and He insisted that I use a roller for the speed. I like the look of brushing it better, ok bud!