What was your first power mod on your truck?

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
SunCoast Stage III. Not really by choice... bad u-joint trashed tail housing between alli and x-case so I upgraded at the time. Now this same thing has happened to me again. :(

superchips and van aaken stoopid box. Superchips got here a couple of days earlier but pretty much both at the same time. It was fun and a complete sleeper cause it still had stock exhaust, wheels and tires. Rolling burnouts in 2nd were no prob and

Redbone

but this one goes to 11
May 1, 2008
Indy, IN
Superchips Model 2805. Absolutely the harshest shifting, most defueling programmer available.

Blueox03

Aug 12, 2006
Jackson County, MS
HOT Juice, before it was HOT Juice....my truck was going to be all stock, then some SOB with a black dually lured me in to trying the HJ, he had it set 2/4, we went for a ride and it was all over....

The Neens

BFD
Staff member
Aug 10, 2006
Monrovia, Ca.
Loaded a mild tune at 400-450 miles, met Pat at the dyno with 880 miles (480rwhp), ran 13 times at LACR with 1100 miles...IIRC ran a high 13 with stock everything except the ECM tune...

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
I had one of the first batch of LiLLY's in the country. I had special ordered it as a 3500SRW so it guaranteed I'd get an LLY, since LLY was not on the order sheet. They never made a SRW LB7.

I remember Killing the Kitty first. You have to pull it out the FRONT of the truck, and have it jacked WAY up.

I also remember driving to Florida and back in 4 days to pick up a machine when the truck had just 500mi on it.

Good times.
I took pictures and posted it on TDP.

Last edited:

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
Other fond memories...

Blue was 2 days old. I drove my Ford to work so Kat could drive the new truck, IIRC.

I get a call at work...

BRRRRINGG! BRIGGG!

"Hello, Quality Inspection. Pat speaking"

"This is Kat, how do you put your truck in 4x4."

"Well, there is a button on the left side of the dash that says 4 Up Arrow. That's ...

WAIT!!! WHY DO YOU WANT TO KNOW HOW TO PUT MY BRAND NEW TRUCK IN 4x4????"

:D

maddogg101920

I break stuff
Mar 2, 2007
CECIL COUNTY, MD
Other fond memories...

Blue was 2 days old. I drove my Ford to work so Kat could drive the new truck, IIRC.

I get a call at work...

BRRRRINGG! BRIGGG!

"Hello, Quality Inspection. Pat speaking"

"This is Kat, how do you put your truck in 4x4."

"Well, there is a button on the left side of the dash that says 4 Up Arrow. That's ...

WAIT!!! WHY DO YOU WANT TO KNOW HOW TO PUT MY BRAND NEW TRUCK IN 4x4????"

:D

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

WanaDmaxsub

Junior Member W/gray hair
Feb 17, 2007
Everything in my sig, is in the order that I installed it.
I tested a couple of tunes for Diablo sport (They didn't have any California LB7's) that resulted in the current version of the LB7 Predator tune. Still have it loaded in the truck...don't ask....:eek:

LBZrcks

Jun 2, 2007
SoCal
LMM: first was transgo jr. then efi, then many other add ons and removals
LBZ: first was exhaust, then transgo jr. and predator
LB7: haha don't remember think it was Juice

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
HOT Juice, before it was HOT Juice....my truck was going to be all stock, then some SOB with a black dually lured me in to trying the HJ, he had it set 2/4, we went for a ride and it was all over....

Ha ha haaaa :D

Edge Juice,Swiss Cheesed airbox and Banks monster exhaust. Stacked with a Quad 215 then I went into the transmission business. :D

Then shhhh TTS and back INTO the transmission business. :D

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
Edge attitude Afe intake and Banks exhaust and wastegate on my 03

LLY was shimmed and plated the second day i had it then exhaust and EFI then SC5 then duel cp3s then HTT turbo then BD manifold and now its bone stock

bullfrogjohnson

Big Girl!
Nov 20, 2006
Locust, NC
Hypertech, the old version which had a highest power of 90HP. It rocked back in the day, I am sure the day I spit a rod out the side of the block, i am going to laugh and say that damn mcrat

Bluemax

???????????
Sep 25, 2006
Missouri
Hypertech, the old version which had a highest power of 90HP. It rocked back in the day,

Me too!!! I thought it was bad ass, then I got the edge juice w/att and thought it was the shit, then got the bright idea to put them together and holy sheet I had the most bad ass truck on the planet...:D:D:D And then about 1000 miles later I had EFI with the MCR3 and I was just speechless, and soon after it was on to the gauges, the tranny, then came the lift pump, and a turbo, and another turbo, and dual fuelers, and a set of bars, and a hitch, and a locker, and an unbreakable drive shaft, and a......:eek: :banging:

Wow that's getting expensive I'm going to stop thinking about it now. :rofl: