Feb 27, 2011
Fort Myers, Fl
picture.php

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
fwiw

I removed the lower overload and 2nd from the top leaf.
Ive got rancho 9000 shocks, and did some testing.

imho I hate it! if I run the shocks to low it drives better but any bump u hit the frame ( bumpstops)

I put my buds harley in the back today ,and rode 70 miles on the bump stops.:mad:

ive tried 4 different shock settings and even empty, I find ot to soft!

im reInstallling the one leaf. And caltracks as soon as they arrive

Last edited:

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
I haven't installed my deaver 2" leafs yet, but they are supposed to enhance ride quality. They work by removing the overload and using progressive rate leafs that are more supple than the overload combined withe the stock leaf pack.

Just throwin that out there for those who are looking for a better ride and MORE height:D

Last edited:

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
I run 6" deavers on my 05

they are nice! but I run bags or I would loose Towing cap.
you dont need blocks and that is a benefit

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
I run 6" deavers on my 05

they are nice! but I run bags or I would loose Towing cap.
you dont need blocks and that is a benefit

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
I also have helper bags, the rep at deaver told me that the 2" mini pack wouldn't compromise load handling though? I'm covered just in case...

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
I also have helper bags, the rep at deaver told me that the 2" mini pack wouldn't compromise load handling though? I'm covered just in case...

I haul 12k trailer with my lifted 05, without the bags your front shoots for the sky.
if you dont haul/load they are smooth runnning leafs:)

carter_44

May 11, 2010
AZ
I'm surprised that you don't like the ride. I ran that setup in my CCSB (2" drop shackle, overload removed, 1 full leaf removed, torsions all the way down w/ Bilstein 5100s) and it rode amazing. Mine felt soft but not too soft. On a single cab it is strange that your having too soft issues on a lighter truck.:dontknow:

Black6spdZ

Aug 7, 2009
quick Q, what airlift works with lowered rides? I installed the standard 2500 airlift kit and there just wasnt enough room between the frame and axle.. air springs acted like bump stops. would the 1500 slamair kit work with out too much modification?

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
Like ive said before, you will have to find a 1/2 ton airbag kit that bolts to the outside of the frame tot he top of the leaf pack, similar to the F250+ firestone kits. You wont find 5000lb rated bags, but 3500 would be plenty, IMO.

LWATSON

future trans limpers
Jul 30, 2008
Scotland Neck NC
Anyone know of a 4link airbag system that works good daily driving and occasionally towing? I tow a 8k lb camper about once a year and a light bass boat weekly during the summer. Also It would need to work good on the track.

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
sorry to bring this old thread back up but i was curious since nobody said which leafs they removed out of the pack?
i already have the overload removed with 3" shackle and i want to go with either 2 or 3 leafs total so which ones have to stay besides the obvious one that bolts to the shackle and frame.

and does the clamps on the spring pack at the ends stay or get removed completely? even just a picture would be nice from those that are running only 2 or 3 leafs total.
and was a pinion shim needed? if so what degree.

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
I haven't installed my deaver 2" leafs yet, but they are supposed to enhance ride quality. They work by removing the overload and using progressive rate leafs that are more supple than the overload combined withe the stock leaf pack.

Just throwin that out there for those who are looking for a better ride and MORE height:D

So I got the DEAVER 2" mini packs installed and removed the overloads...

They work! I have had them on for over 1000 miles now, and while unloaded they make the ride much smother in the rear, it's not quite like a 1/2 ton would be but it's much less jarring, and I also added poly bushings for the cab and bed mounts and the leaf hangers, so, it's still a more supple ride than before even with harder body mounts that deflect less.

The new DEAVER mini leafs I believe handle more load with better feel than the overloads offer, so the DEAVER rep didn't mislead he was spot on. I towed my toy hauler and didn't use as much air in the bags as usual( only used about 15-17psi v.s 22-25 psi...it is possible that the trailer was lighter, but tounge weight should've been very close) and tonight I hauled about 1000lbs of rock for a yard fountain, and the rear end only squatted about 3/4" I was pretty impressed, and the truck rode like a caddy with the weight in the bed and no psi in the bags

I haul 12k trailer with my lifted 05, without the bags your front shoots for the sky.
if you dont haul/load they are smooth runnning leafs:)
I don't know what a 4" or 6" DEAVER leaf pack is like,,but I am super stoked on the mini pack that adds appx 1 3/4" in height while replacing the overload :thumb:

Money well spent for me:woott: