What is wrong with discovery channel??

02greysixer

Jun 4, 2011
North Central FL
I can say ive only watched 1 honey boo boo and I felt genuinely dumber afterwards at no point did I get any learning or entertainment from that show and just couldn't believe that a show like that could make it even to a pilot status.

I salute you for even suffering through one episode. The commercials alone make me feel dumber :screwy:

sent from a galaxy far far away

Dozerdog74

Lost Cause
Sep 13, 2012
Montgomery, IN
Next you guys are going to tell me wrestling is fake also,,,,,,,lol. I have to agree though modern day TV is nothing like it use to be. I use to love Little House, The Waltons, and Sanford and Son, now those were the days.

durallymax

Apr 26, 2008
Under The Hood
What passes as entertainment now days reveals a lot about the current status of the general American population's mental capacities (or lack thereof).

That it does, unfortuneatley all the tards are inside watching fat kids mumble and need subtitles instead of being outside f-in their sister while blowing themselves up cooking meth, making sparkler bombs, or just being low IQ people.

Natural selection is failing because TV is now occupying those peoples 1.09 brain cells.

Yeah TLC went in the crapper a long time ago. Seems like all it is now it's that asinine honey boo boo, a bunch of shows about babies, and shows where very feminine men pick out women's clothes for them. I don't know how they can still call it "The Learning Channel"

That is why they do not call it "The Learning Channel" anymore.

durallymax

Apr 26, 2008
Under The Hood
I salute you for even suffering through one episode. The commercials alone make me feel dumber :screwy:

Product placement. Location Location Location Location Location. Its getting pretty blatant these days. Places selling 50 shades of grey then putting a Duracell battery stand next to the books......

I was in Wal Mart the other day (talk about the dumbing of society) and they had their bike display rack which underneath it was stocked with first aid kits. I mean, you gotta hand it to them, Walmart does have good product placement. Chocolate next to tampons, why not, money talks.

Next you guys are going to tell me wrestling is fake also,,,,,,,lol. I have to agree though modern day TV is nothing like it use to be. I use to love Little House, The Waltons, and Sanford and Son, now those were the days.

Haha my high school shop teacher was a WWF wrestler for a couple years. He was paid to loose generally, but in real life was actually a world class wrestler with many titles to his name. He was a little off, which I think you would have to be to be in WWF, but at times you could pick out the down to earth soucie and he had some interesting stories to tell. There was so much that happened behind the scenes back in those days, its pretty neat listening to him. He got out of it because he didn't care for the lifestyle and wanted to settle down a bit. It probably was a good thing as many of his close friends who stayed in WWF have passed away by now. He would always deny that it was fake. In reality its not necessarily fake, its just a choreographed performance, however there were some backstage conflicts between some of them and thus some of the punches were real, the rule was if you got hit legitimatley, you were allowed to hit back. It is funny to see some of the "misses" during their acting, but WWF really is an interestingly successful entrepreneurship.

[YOUTUBE]M9QsW1Yrwls[/YOUTUBE]

Duramax_JP

Jul 3, 2008
There are so many god awful shows out nowadays I dont even buy cable anymore. Just stick to hulu, xfinity, and netflix. But if yall are looking for some new shows to watch id suggest

Justified (one of my all time favorites)
Hell on Wheels (one of the best modern westerns out there)
Suits
Breaking Bad
Low Winter Sun (newest addition to AMC)
Hannibal (Pretty twisted as you can imagine but really well made show)
Parks and Recreation (first season is slow but the rest are great, ron swanson is the man)

02greysixer

Jun 4, 2011
North Central FL
Yeah Vikings was good. I watched that series. I also think the original Hatfield and McCoy story series they did was good. But they went to far with the modern drama filled bs series.

Whitetail Addict

Rockin' the stock tune
May 8, 2008
South Central Pennsylvania
I watch sitcoms almost exclusively... "The Big Bang Theory", "Rules of Engagement", "Parks and Recreation", "How I Met Your Mother", "Modern Family" and "Two Broke Girls". I also really like "Justified" and "Hell on Wheels".

I DVR everything and watch them when I have time.

02greysixer

Jun 4, 2011
North Central FL
What about the show who's line is it anyway? Anyone watching that? The old version was great. I been recording the new version on the cw and it's pretty damn good too

durallymax

Apr 26, 2008
Under The Hood
What about the show who's line is it anyway? Anyone watching that? The old version was great. I been recording the new version on the cw and it's pretty damn good too

Haven't seen the newer stuff, but always liked it with the original cast back in the day.

I watch sitcoms almost exclusively... "The Big Bang Theory", "Rules of Engagement", "Parks and Recreation", "How I Met Your Mother", "Modern Family" and "Two Broke Girls". I also really like "Justified" and "Hell on Wheels".

I DVR everything and watch them when I have time.

Rules of engagement is great, I forgot that one in my list. I like Pat Warburton but I always think of him as Duramax when i see him haha.

[YOUTUBE]qAPHDxcfz20[/YOUTUBE]

I just watched the first episode of this show. I really enjoyed it. I'm looking forward to watching more of it.

Good thing you just started, theres 3 season to watch and the 4th comes out this fall. We started watching it right away and it sucks waiting for the next season. That show always leaves you on edge. I like it because they don't rely on shootouts, explosions, car chases and other drama to make the show, the white collar style crime actually makes you think and is impressive to me. Neal is very witty too, my wife says he's nice to look at, I remind her that ironically in real life he is gay. Just like Neil Patrick Harris playing the womanizer in HIMYM yet bein gay in real life as well. Maybe thats why they are so good at playing their parts, I don't know but I think both are great actors.