What is wrong with discovery channel??

sawmilldmax

Apr 2, 2013
Mount Airy,NC
The Porter Ridge show reminded me so much of a junkyard about 10 miles from here. If that show is made up they had to use this one to go by. The owners look the same and the whole place looks the same. I'm movin.

Hoosier

Stock is Slow
Mar 27, 2012
Indiana
X2 on White Collar, that show is awesome. New show on USA as well called Graceland who is produced by the same guy who produces White Collar and is really good as well. Sons of Anarchy is pretty good along with The Bridge. Street Outlaws was okay. The folks on Gold Rush are idiots but I still dvr it and watch every episode :D

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
I'm still hooked on deadliest catch although it seems like I get sea sick just watching it. The whole boat does a :ban-hump:

MadMaxx61

Devilmaxx
Oct 13, 2008
Windsor, Ont, Canada
HGTV is about it and most of the shows are going to shit.

I download what I want to watch as I am never home when stuff is on tv anyways.

Burn notice ( like said going down hill )
Royal pains ( funny but only seen season 1 and 2 )
NCIS ( not as good as it was )
NCIS LA ( not that good but the gf likes it )
Lost girl ( hot chick kicking ass bad acting lol )
Hawaii five O ( I like crime stuff )
Castle ( more crime )
Supernatural ( going in the crapper but killer sound track. )

Thats my list.

dmaxman06

May 25, 2011
morenci az
all i have is netflicks 10 bucks a months cant beat it me and the lady dont really watch tv its more for my daughter to watch cartoons best part no commericals and can stop and start stuff whenever u want all my buddys give me shit cuz i dont keep up with shows but there paying 200 and up for sat screw that thats almost a dmax payment no thank u plus im like u guys i woundnt even watch it if i had it i think all the shows are crap when ever i do watch one

durallymax

Apr 26, 2008
Under The Hood
We've never had a cable/sat bill and never will. I get the networks over the air (OTA), it's the best HD signal that can be got.

For other shows I enjoy like Deadliest Catch, Ice Road Truckers, Yukon Gold, I have a "Raspberry Pi" running xbmc. It's the best $100 I ever spent.

I'll have to check out Engineering Disasters and revisit Junkyard Wars on the Pi this evening. What else is good?

YOu still like Ice Road Trucks or you did like IRT? The first season was interesting, but like any other reality show they have to try and add some drama to it because there is only so much you can video tape about driving a semi. I know enough people who drive on the ice road and its honestly no different than many other roads. Sure it takes a different set of skills, but its not some elite status with death around every corner. Its like any other road in America, you are more likely to get taken out by some distracted driver than anything else.

It takes awhile to get through all of his videos, but I enjoyed watching Dave Redmans "behind the scenes" videos about IRT. At first I though he was just whining, but after I got through them I realized he seems like a pretty nice dude that they made look like a crabass. I 100% agree with his opinion on reality shows like this, there is nothing wrong with making them, just don't lead people to believe this is really what happens. Put a disclaimer at the beginning that the show is based on real events.

[YOUTUBE]9dsr7nfIOOc&list=TLjkXcR0oinK4[/YOUTUBE]

Holy crap do I hate reality tv, history channel is dead to me. What happened to modern marvels!

x2 Love that show, its on H2 once and awhile I think. I think its funny they had to make another network because their original one was too full of BS.

It was a while ago but it was the science channel. They also aired "how it's Made" which I always thought was interesting! They only do reruns now it seems like :/

I remember seeing Junkyard Wars on there as well awhile back. They play How its Made nonstop it seems like.

X2 on White Collar, that show is awesome. New show on USA as well called Graceland who is produced by the same guy who produces White Collar and is really good as well. Sons of Anarchy is pretty good along with The Bridge. Street Outlaws was okay. The folks on Gold Rush are idiots but I still dvr it and watch every episode :D

I've been wanting to watch Graceland, previews look good. USA makes a lot of good shows.

In color or black and white? :D

Technicolor :)

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Hell by the time I get home it's King of the Hill, Family Guy, and if I manage any later, Squidbillies haha.

Holy hell, thats about all i seem to get to watch! :rofl: when i get home, im usually in the garage working on something. i usually come in late but have been setting a "cutoff time" lately cause getting up the next moring sucks. By then, thats all thats on

Anymore, i watch the cooking channel (cut throat kitchen is kinda funny), BBC for top gear, fast n loud, mythbusters when it comes on, and other things i find interesting flipping through channels. my 2 years for direct tv is up in two months and Erin has finally bugged me enough to get internet in the house so ill probably switch to Cox for two years, then go somewhere else again for a deal.

lts1ow

Needs moar PAH!
May 14, 2012
NJ
I don't watch TV, and would get rid of it but the other members of the fam refuse to let it go.

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
YOu still like Ice Road Trucks or you did like IRT? The first season was interesting, but like any other reality show they have to try and add some drama to it because there is only so much you can video tape about driving a semi. I know enough people who drive on the ice road and its honestly no different than many other roads. Sure it takes a different set of skills, but its not some elite status with death around every corner. Its like any other road in America, you are more likely to get taken out by some distracted driver than anything else.

It takes awhile to get through all of his videos, but I enjoyed watching Dave Redmans "behind the scenes" videos about IRT. At first I though he was just whining, but after I got through them I realized he seems like a pretty nice dude that they made look like a crabass. I 100% agree with his opinion on reality shows like this, there is nothing wrong with making them, just don't lead people to believe this is really what happens. Put a disclaimer at the beginning that the show is based on real events.

[YOUTUBE]9dsr7nfIOOc&list=TLjkXcR0oinK4[/YOUTUBE]

x2 Love that show, its on H2 once and awhile I think. I think its funny they had to make another network because their original one was too full of BS.

I remember seeing Junkyard Wars on there as well awhile back. They play How its Made nonstop it seems like.

I've been wanting to watch Graceland, previews look good. USA makes a lot of good shows.

Technicolor :)

That guy loves to talk! :rolleyes:

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
I agree the Discovery Channel has gone bananas! Reality TV as a whole has gone bananas. Look at TLC which stands for The Learning Channel. They produce and air Honey Boo Boo! What are we learning?

02greysixer

Jun 4, 2011
North Central FL
Yeah TLC went in the crapper a long time ago. Seems like all it is now it's that asinine honey boo boo, a bunch of shows about babies, and shows where very feminine men pick out women's clothes for them. I don't know how they can still call it "The Learning Channel"

sent from a galaxy far far away

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
I can say ive only watched 1 honey boo boo and I felt genuinely dumber afterwards at no point did I get any learning or entertainment from that show and just couldn't believe that a show like that could make it even to a pilot status.