What does everyone use as a fuel addative?

steakman

Diesel Nut...
Aug 31, 2009
Barrie, Ontario
..I run diesel.... occasionally gas when I make a dumbass move..

I invariably resemble that remark .. and have on more than one occasion...
As for adding an additive for lubricity/anti gelling and "what the hell - it feels like I should"

I use Power service DieselKleen; Grey and White gallon jugs (seasonal), mixed with a quart of 2 stroke per gallon. I'll typicallty add an O-Zee per fill. Better mileage..? never noticed.

stk

Last edited:

22eco

I love my D-Max
Nov 4, 2009
Arizona
Every other tank i throw in about 8oz of 2 stroke oil from wal-mart :D.. The 2 stroke really helps lube up the system and quiets things down.. About once every week or two I put Diesel kleen in it...

silvrmax04

IBEW local 24
Apr 18, 2007
md
I keep a water bottle about 3/4 full under my back seat. dump it in when ever i remember during a fill up. 16oz per tank. wal-mart 2 stroke oil.

JMDuramaxLB7

YOU SAID MEMBER!!!
Jun 3, 2007
Missouri
I keep a water bottle about 3/4 full under my back seat. dump it in when ever i remember during a fill up. 16oz per tank. wal-mart 2 stroke oil.

I thought you were putting water in your fuel when i first read your post and i was like WTF!!!, then i read the rest of your post, LOL!!! I usually keep Howes dieseltreat in my truck year round and poor some in when i think about it when filling up. I put in with every tank in the winter too keep from gelling.

Last edited:

WiggyHD

Sep 7, 2009
Mena, Arkansas
Power Service Diesel Kleen. White bottle for winter blend, and silver bottle for summer blend. Yes, I get better mileage, enough to pay for itself. My DIC is off by .3 mpg. Six Gun set on 5.

Mark
picture.php

Last edited:

landers11889

May 30, 2009
That is some VERY good gas mileage especially for an LLY. Are you running stock size tires?

I use amsoil diesel concentrate and cetane in the winter I run diesel concentrate with cold flow improver.

WiggyHD

Sep 7, 2009
Mena, Arkansas
It came with 245's, but when they expired at 51,000 I put on General Grabber HTS's in 265. Great tires! I run them at 72 all around. Aside from that, look at my signature and remember that I drive like an old lady. Even on the highway, in the 70 zone, I drive 64. Between 65 and 70, I lose 4 mpg's.

Mark

Linden

Sparkplugs FTL
Dec 12, 2009
Florida
i run lucas injector cleaner in just about every tank. stuff could very well just be snake oil but with lb7 injectors and being that its only like $9 a bottle and it lasts me about 3 tanks so if im only getting a little piece of find f it

MEANMAX

DURAMAX COLORADO
Jun 19, 2007
East Marion NY
Opti-lube XPD.Went back to stanadyne a few months ago noticed the engine nose increased.2 weeks ago went back to Opti-lube,engine quiet again.Will stay with opti-lube this time.

steakman

Diesel Nut...
Aug 31, 2009
Barrie, Ontario
hmm how much 2 stroke.? I guess I use more than an ounce per tank of my mix...but that is likely only 5% 2 stroke in it. This has me thinking now that maybe I'm not mixing enough 2 stroke in my Power service stuff. Ok..we'll up the amount.! :D

stk

ghostrider01

on here to learn!
Dec 6, 2009
NM/WY
I cant remember but i think i recall some one saying that the actual sulfur additive is awesome if you can find it but i cant remember which diesel additive thread it was in..
If you can find sulfur additive is it better then the rest or just stay with the diesel kleen or lucus?