What did you do at work today?

Kamilmk

Aug 13, 2015
Seymour, CT
One of nicest trailers I've ever seen. That's cool that you do that for your kid. Hat's off to you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

Tothemax

xgmtech
Oct 16, 2014
new york
:happy2:
bda71c358b960a9b288f8efbd168a63f.jpg

Kamilmk

Aug 13, 2015
Seymour, CT
Yea Tom. You take the cake on that one. Was it black with white stripes or white with black stripes?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Farm on the route has all these exotic animals. Peacocks, the zebra, an ostrich and these really odd-looking chickens that look like quail.

The zebra came up to the fence, curious about me I guess. They are more like a burro or donkey than a horse. Kinda wish I would've had an apple or sugar cube to give to it.

Im going to say it was white with black stripes.

valleyduramax

Jul 25, 2010
Ottawa ON Canada
Ya im curious about it. We run Solid works and then Mastercam X9 at work here. upgrading to the next version this year once we are due up for renewal. I like Mastercam but I also have been on it for 6+ years now. Used Gibbs for a bit during school.

Balindir

Rod shortning in progress
Jul 30, 2012
South Central, Pa
Just as an example, this is a chair cart i drew this morning. The software allows me to unfold the bent parts and creates a flat pattern for the laser to cut.

WolfLMM

Making Chips
Nov 21, 2006
AL
Ya im curious about it. We run Solid works and then Mastercam X9 at work here. upgrading to the next version this year once we are due up for renewal. I like Mastercam but I also have been on it for 6+ years now. Used Gibbs for a bit during school.

Cut the PO today for the latest and greatest surfcam full 5axis with mil/turn. Ours was a couple years out of date. Also had a custom post proccsser made for our Mori NT4250. We've been using esprit and I hate it, too much work involved for simple cuts and such, user interface sucks, but it is very powerful with 3axis plus stuff.

Balindir

Rod shortning in progress
Jul 30, 2012
South Central, Pa
I have the full inventor suite with 3dsmax. Use inventor occasionally. Learning curve is exponential compared to autocad.

I definitely see the advantage with sheet metal unfolding.

Yeah definitely takes a lot of the guess work out of it, especially with bends that across angles planes and such. Also makes lofted flanges a breeze. The hopper in the picture is actually designed as a 2 piece part that gets step bend in the brake and then welded together. Would have been a nightmare in 2D...