What did you do at work today?

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state
Make it all legal.... and hold on. Let natural selection take its course. This place needs a good cleaning.

Sent from my SM-J337A using Tapatalk

One could Downsize/eliminate a lot of government agencies and law enforcement departments with that mindset..

IMO not sober is not sober, had a conversation with a pro MJ friend... I conceded that if there was a way to measure how impaired one was on THC.. I could get behind it.. currently the standard doesn't exist.. like alcohol.. really don't want to see government expanded..

people inadvertently maim and kill themselves or worse others by the 10s of thousands each year sober.. much less intoxicated in one form or another.. not really liking the idea... without broadening the "fear of one's life" definition to use lethal force proportionally.. and yes that would in turn fill alot of grave sites, totally expect so see loved ones caught up in it in some fashion or another

IMO we've become way to civil/PC and weak minded as a whole..

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
What is work? Vacation this week. What a relief. Although...no more days off until after Xmas. Uh oh.....

ironmax

chock full of goodies
Jul 7, 2010
Col. Ohio
One could Downsize/eliminate a lot of government agencies and law enforcement departments with that mindset..

IMO not sober is not sober, had a conversation with a pro MJ friend... I conceded that if there was a way to measure how impaired one was on THC.. I could get behind it.. currently the standard doesn't exist.. like alcohol.. really don't want to see government expanded..

people inadvertently maim and kill themselves or worse others by the 10s of thousands each year sober.. much less intoxicated in one form or another.. not really liking the idea... without broadening the "fear of one's life" definition to use lethal force proportionally.. and yes that would in turn fill alot of grave sites, totally expect so see loved ones caught up in it in some fashion or another

IMO we've become way to civil/PC and weak minded as a whole..
I've lost a nephew to heroin, a brother to cocaine.. I'm all to familiar with illegal drug deaths. All of these drugs use to be legal at one time or the other. Big pharma is getting a slap on the wrist at the moment. 13 billion is a mere pittance to what those drug dealers make. Theres something to be said about a natural grown product that without any chemistry, can change your frame of mind with No severe side effects to maybe 80% of those that use it ...give or take. I'm not condoning working while impaired, but if I don't need to fill my body with unnatural chemicals to reduce pain and relax a little, I wont. End of rant thanks

Sent from my SM-J337A using Tapatalk

six5creed

Jan 6, 2016
N.C.
After work went and flung an arrow yesterday.

a8eeb2984083854360874d97e28bcae9.jpg

cdb51753fb256e086743a8b1b6778e77.jpg

e4281008fcd46568876ac501648822bd.jpg

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
Wasting time... second “random”drug test in 3 days. 3rd time I’ve taken my crew to do this quick little job 90miles away just find out they ain’t ready for us. Someone broke our generator on site and now I have to drive 120miles to get a new one from the shop.

Ya hear that? It’s me banging my head against a wall while burning a money tree.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Another drug test today... the last one took 5hrs...been here 1.5hrs so far...what a god damn racket... This is the kind of crap that makes me want to tell the oil companies to stick there work where the sun don’t shine.

I sent my crew home after a 2hr lightening stand down this morning. It barely even rained on the job, but they had us stopped for a storm that was passing by us “10miles” away. That’s their min distance for lightening. I was raising hell in the trailer because the lightening was 15miles away according to our phones. After we made a few phone calls they let me go to work. It was only going to take us 10mins to finish up this morning. Well by the time the guys got to our equipment and fired it up hear came the safety guy to shut me down for lightening.

STLCHEVYHD

Haywood Jablome
May 8, 2008
St. Louis, MO
My company is building Ballpark Village phase 2 for the St. Louis Cardinals. I was laser scanning the post tension deck on the 25th floor yesterday before it got poured today.
0da62a192f4f319c2b26772fb20a798d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheBac

Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Little kids make my day. :)

Its fun when they ask the "PPS man" questions about his "computer". Im always amazed how smart they are, and how much they understand.

ironmax

chock full of goodies
Jul 7, 2010
Col. Ohio
Setting some steel for a roof top deck. You know you've been at a job to long when you have a welder hard wired in.
6f679f234cc2b6a98310c8a2a1b5a149.jpg
7d8e2e825291a57f28db607d4b8708c8.jpg

Sent from my SM-J260A using Tapatalk

rcr1978

Apr 1, 2007
Spring Creek, NV
Another drug test today... the last one took 5hrs...been here 1.5hrs so far...what a god damn racket... This is the kind of crap that makes me want to tell the oil companies to stick there work where the sun don’t shine.

I sent my crew home after a 2hr lightening stand down this morning. It barely even rained on the job, but they had us stopped for a storm that was passing by us “10miles” away. That’s their min distance for lightening. I was raising hell in the trailer because the lightening was 15miles away according to our phones. After we made a few phone calls they let me go to work. It was only going to take us 10mins to finish up this morning. Well by the time the guys got to our equipment and fired it up hear came the safety guy to shut me down for lightening.

Deal with the same shit here at the mines and they wonder why it costs more every year to get work done :roflmao: They have slacked off on the wiz quiz's though and there is a new thing were they can't drug test new hires for pre employment so I can't wait to see all the young doped up kids fukn shit up :woott:. They probably will keep them for 30 days in a class or doing piddly dink stuff then get them.

six5creed

Jan 6, 2016
N.C.
Did a fuel log on the Duramax today, last one was September 25th, 2018. She don’t get driven much each year.
8860de6c80f238aed8266c049d66534b.jpg

TheBac

Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Its sorta work related:

The small town I deliver to had a BBQ Cook-Off today, so Roni and I went. Lots of fun, lots of great friends, excellent food (I had no idea so many of my customers had cooking talent like that) and lots of $2 beer. :hehe: You have to know Westphalia, MI.....they're German, they like their beer. Had a great time!

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Ya nothing exciting for me either. Opted to not take the RC L5P powered international c/v service truck today and hopped in a clapped out 2017 6.7 Ford as it is an EC so I could recline the seat and get a nap lol. Slow day at the mine.