What are you listening to?

RENODMAX

Dead Wrong
Mar 4, 2008
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/974E6IU_4I0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
Last edited:

durallymax

Apr 26, 2008
Under The Hood
Gotta get my Claypool bass fix once and awhile (or every day)

[YOUTUBE]bWDerX2UCEs[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]r4OhIU-PmB8[/YOUTUBE]

Still a creepy music video

[YOUTUBE]aYDfwUJzYQg[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]LBQ2305fLeA[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]lkFMJ4-ai1I[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]TOdo7dhvSwg[/YOUTUBE]

The inspiration for the intro to Korns song "Blind"

[YOUTUBE]j2zQKqgNAeE[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]YWMhrGf2ylw[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]Q1F_88UksxA[/YOUTUBE]

Okay I'll stop after this one. One of the few bands I can actually listen to most songs and not get turn it off. Even if the song is dumb or makes no sense, the bass line and music is good.

A nice Jerry Reed cover.

[YOUTUBE]XmpvLoJ73Uo[/YOUTUBE]

Speaking of Covers I find myself liking the NIN version of Hurt more and more as more of my friends (who listen to radio) talk about how awesome Johnny Cash's song is. Most never believe you that it was a NIN song originally. I will say Cash's version is very good though and is a lot more powerful.

[YOUTUBE]JI7LdCHgLgI[/YOUTUBE]

Speaking of Cash covers, this ones a bit odd (covering a grunge band) but I like it.

[YOUTUBE]EtbuUlSGXzc[/YOUTUBE]

Our local rock station does 90s for an hour every day and 12hrs on saturday. I love it. Then I turn it off an listen to pandora lol.

[YOUTUBE]8CBBtorFg2I[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]UIuOWv-mLP4[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]E2Oe5YKhzCE[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]CO8vBVUaKvk[/YOUTUBE]

And one more from a local band.

[YOUTUBE]YgTazOHnTZE[/YOUTUBE]

durallymax

Apr 26, 2008
Under The Hood
I absolutely hate the house of the rising sun. I hate the cover just as much. Largely due to the fact its one of those songs our local station insists on playing every 5 minutes.

Im done venting now.

Big Block 88

Multiple choice muscle
Nov 3, 2008
Kansas when I am home
first of all les claypool is a bass god. second your wait for the next tool album is getting near its end. I follow them religiously hell all my tats are album art from the last few albums.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
You guys wouldn't believe me if I told you.....

Let me put it this way: I now know what my parents felt like when they heard what I was listening to back in the '70s and '80s. :hehe:

durallymax

Apr 26, 2008
Under The Hood
first of all les claypool is a bass god. second your wait for the next tool album is getting near its end. I follow them religiously hell all my tats are album art from the last few albums.

Yes he is, and not just at one style like so many of the good bassists. Les plays with any amount of strings, fretted or fretless, even upright with a bow if you want (Mr Krinkle is a popular example). All of his stuff seems to have a lot of slap/pop, flamenco strumming, tapping, and who knows what else. He's not always set on having a "pure" sound either and will use effects sometimes. IMO one of the more well rounded players out there. I like listening to him because he keeps you on your toes. A lot of the good players just play fast or complicated, Les has fun and is not afraid to do it in his own way even if nobody else cares or will pay to see it. To top it all off he does all of this,. then sings yet besides. Geddy Lee is one of the other examples of multi-tasking I just don't understand either.

whitetrash21

put on da damn helmet day
Apr 29, 2008
Vegas
Cant stand Tool..... Puscifer, now that's a whole different story. I can listen to that all day

You guys wouldn't believe me if I told you.....

Let me put it this way: I now know what my parents felt like when they heard what I was listening to back in the '70s and '80s. :hehe:

:rofl:

This one always gets turned up... catchy..... not to mention my home away from home:D
[YOUTUBE]0ggKe409_F4[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]XlZtvEM5mf4[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]7YDPNl7PeUU[/YOUTUBE]

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
I reckon Mr. Cash found God in his later years? Good song though with a catchy beat to boot. Really diggin it.

Johnny Cash - God's Gonna Cut You Down
[YOUTUBE]eJlN9jdQFSc[/YOUTUBE]

Of course, Cash came across my Jamey Johnson Pandora station which is flat out AWESOME! I've got to see that guy in concert sometime!

High Cost of Living High
[YOUTUBE]MiMdb2MnYr8[/YOUTUBE]

Lead Me Home (sure isn't too upbeat but lyrics are on point. Probably become as popular as Go Rest High on That Mountain at funerals :( )
[YOUTUBE]sVdCYf2cAUo[/YOUTUBE]

Between Jennings and Jones
[YOUTUBE]iYYw_9thYyY[/YOUTUBE]

Playing The Part
[YOUTUBE]Ecfr0I_miNA[/YOUTUBE]